• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Off to it's new home. A couple in Cañon City bought it.

NICE! When you buying an XJ? :eeks1::firedevil

So I get to see your junk down here huh..... :spin1:

Naxja...North.American.XJ.Association. Having a Grand is kind of a NAGCA deal , but it slides by...but how does one go Jeepless and be a member , maybe just call it North American Chat Association ... Wheeling and Jeep preferred , but not required ?

Naxja...North.American.XJ.Association. Having a Grand is kind of a NAGCA deal , but it slides by...but how does one go Jeepless and be a member , maybe just call it North American Chat Association ... Wheeling and Jeep preferred , but not required ?

You should read the bylaws.

Section 3: Membership Qualifications
In order to be eligible for Membership an individual shall satisfy the following requirements:
Shall be not less than 18 years of age;
Shall own or have interest in an XJ or MJ vehicle.

I hate squirrels. I have a red squirrel that has now destroyed two sets of cushions for my deck furniture and now two covers. He chews through the covers and then the cushions for the stuffing inside. I have set rat traps with peanut butter and that little SOB is now 5/5 for getting the bait and avoiding the trap when it releases. Yesterday he was just sitting on a branch outside the window. Staring at me. Barking. I'd really like to shoot it.

I hate squirrels. I have a red squirrel that has now destroyed two sets of cushions for my deck furniture and now two covers. He chews through the covers and then the cushions for the stuffing inside. I have set rat traps with peanut butter and that little SOB is now 5/5 for getting the bait and avoiding the trap when it releases. Yesterday he was just sitting on a branch outside the window. Staring at me. Barking. I'd really like to shoot it.
A good air rifle is all it takes. If you think that is harsh, wait until it gets into your attic, or into the wiring of your motor vehicles. You'll be up to harsh by that time.

Or, you can get a live catch trap. Just move the little bugger several miles away, and hope it does not crawl up under your vehicle when you release it.

I've seen the one made from a colander but not that one.

And I don't think shooting it is harsh at all. The furniture stuff has cost me hundreds so far and he's begun to chew chunks out of the side of the house in two places. It's gotta go. I don't have an air rifle but can borrow one from a guy I work with. The issue for me is all of the eyes watching from elderly neighbors who sit on the HOA. I would need to be patient enough to get a shot that nobody could notice.

I like to shoot rabbits in my yard (HOA neighborhood) because it adds a whole new set of challenges. My preferred method is to use my old air rifle and shoot from the kitchen table though the blinds and through the open window (with screens removed).

The hunting has slowed since the addition of my daughters German Shepherd.

Cleaned up the boatsides making them pretty and decided to do the finish work on the doors and I decided to do the inside with Aluminium since I can use a thick stiff sheet and it will be light instead of a flimsy piece of sheet steel , well I have never actually priced Aluminium ...DAMN!...48x48 sheet of 14g is $225 ...I only priced it because it was $2.00 per lb for surplus and was curious just what it cost new , so I bought what I needed for my doors and my fuel tank cover ...lol...and enough to do a custom dash next fall .

You lack street cred ...being Jeepless .

I'll vouch: He has had his freakishly small hands on more XJs and MJs than I have owned!*

* Including parts vehicles.

Or, you can get a live catch trap. Just move the little bugger several miles away, and hope it does not crawl up under your vehicle when you release it.

Won't work -- we tried it at my office when they were in the walls.:wow:

Squirrels are territorial. Bus one out, a new guy moves in. Death is the only way. We trapped upwards of 20 of them over the course of a month, trucked them away, and always had at least as many around the office... and in the walls.

I have a shitton of them in the forest, and aside from eating all the birdseed, they aren't really much of a hassle... haven't bothered my cushions for whatever reason.

Back