• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

The Liberty has been at the dealer for 3 weeks now. Took it in for issues with the HVAC system (heat would just kinda swirl around the cabin like someone was circulating hot air by swinging a dead cat) and for that horrible squeal that was coming from the front left under hard right turns. It was supposedly done after a week but then I went into the hospital for about a week and it sat there. Once I got home I called and they told me they swapped the climate control unit. When I asked about the noise (even told them I suspected it was a bad left wheel bearing) they said it was all fixed. Picked it up last Saturday and drove it around the block only to hear the noise on a hard right turn so...back inside I go. So now they've had it for another week. Only to replace...the left wheel bearing. I'll be interested to see if they try to charge me for this because they already submitted and were paid for the work by my extended warranty company after I paid the deductible.

Well I didn't get charged anything but the drivers side leather seat is ripped. :flamemad:

Looks like they are going to suck it up for another repair, one of their making!

Not a good experience at all. Two weeks ago I'm told that the noise on the left side was caused by the right side wheel bearing and I'm given a printout that says they did a multi-point inspection and one of the things they checked was the left bearing which was just fine. It gave me pause. He didn't two calls this week and when I finally demanded to speak with someone I was told by him that the problem was the hub but the bearing was fine. This didn't seem right either. They ended up doing the bearing and hub assembly. The interaction with this guy was very awkward. He could have just said, "My bad...we screwed up but I'm gonna try to make it right by not charging you" (warranty was picking up the tab anyways). I would have accepted that, shook his hand and gone on my way."

I will say the service manager who got involved when he heard me talking about the torn leather had the right idea. And when he found out the thing had been there 3 weeks he simply apologized and said he'd get a new cover ordered and call me when it was there so they could replace it and make it right. That I appreciate.

sounds like my typical stealership experience, river. Sorry you're having one! :cheers:

That's too bad. Finding a reputable shop can be hard. Unfortunately, at the dealer, it's often some kid doing warranty work that has barely any idea what the he's doing. (I was that kid for a while). Good someone is trying to make it right for ya tho.

Junkyard today...

Off to it's new home. A couple in Cañon City bought it.

i.php

Well it was an $80,000 rig if everything was brand new.

Key words...if everything was new...But from what I did see of your Jeep in person it looked brand new and for a person who can not bolt on a suspension themselves it would be attractive ...I wonder what the insurance company would have given you had that guy in that ultra4 drifting around the barriers at the meet and greet lost it .

Anything good? I have missed the junkyard for too long...

Nothing too exciting. I saw some wheels that made me all nostalgic for my first car (a MOPAR):
HPIM1589.jpg

I also saw some leaf springs that were left behind:
HPIM1590.jpg

The highlight of the day was running the yards (and snow drifts :D) with my 'ol wrenching bud, who brought along his OBD II scanner to help diagnose my Mrs' Hyundai.

Anyone know what Chinamans and Carnage are looking like now. I ask because in a few weeks I should have enough done to go wheeling and want to get a few runs out of the tires before I replace them witn new rubber .

Back