• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

started putting the new arms on today I made the mistake of leaving the jeep on the trailer and the tires as well I just put jack stands under it and and made a safety beam that hooks into the hitch and runs down to the ground just incase the stands fail it being 2x2 .250 with a large base welded to it and welded to the hitch should hold the entire rear end up no issue . I'df be done I think if I had pulld it off the trailer and removed the tires as now I have to ratchet strap the axle into place to get the bolts to line up and that is easier said than done as a 1 man operation plus climbing out from under the jeep and up and over the expanded metal covered fender makes it feel like eben longer of a job ...oh well put 5 hours in toal this weekedn should have it strtched and get started on new spring buckets next week then the bew fender hoops ,which my brainfart of cutting my 1.75 DOM .250 wall wrong now leaves me with plenty of that heavy stuff for to make fender hoops with I have about 40ft of traditional .120 ,but I figure the areas that get use constantly as rockrails will be bett of being .250 for dent resistance ... 44's should fit this new WB nicely .

Incredible coolness defined....... '65 GTO pulling a '63 Nova drag car. Both were pristine.

IMG_20150829_140931497_zpsdidxoyx0.jpg

...LOL...I'm really going to have fun next year after the mods are done , But what chaps my ass just a wee bit is I'm un-doing all the fab work I paid to have done by shops and undoing and rebuilding the 3000+ in parts I bought from Claytons that were also installed...lol...had I not been lazy the first time I really could have built one hell of a rig for the money spent on labor and prefab stuff...lol...oh well next year the trails should be fun and rather winchless for the most part ...I also made the corporate decision on highline boatsides and not worry about retaining the door I may try and cut it up and use as a skin to keep the full body look ,but I'd rather not have doors and have a boatside that works as good as it can since the XJ is trail only so I can't see the reason to worry about the doors necause the first time those rockers hang me up on a waterfall I know the doors won't mean shyt .

OH yeah as soon as I get ahold of the 44s I will have a set of 42s with 90+ percent tread comming off the Jeep they are not what I would run on the interstate for highspeed drives since they are weather checking ,but they would be great trail rig 42s ...I bought them for $1000 this past April ...I'll let them go for about $300 ...I already have one person interested from Loveland ,but I am just throwing it out here to NAXJA member first just incase they need a home here ...lol...$300 ish for 90+ percent tread 42x15xr15 TSL is about as cheap as it gets for 42s that are not slicks .

Last edited:

Some of you knew my oldest Pit (Dharma). I knew this was coming but didn't expect it to be this hard. We had to make the gut wrenching decision last week to let her go. Selfishly...13.5 years just wasn't enough.

Sorry to hear about Dharma Chris. It's never easy.

Ugh. Buy sell buy sell.
Hate playing the switcharoo game but I think it's all going to work better.
With my commute to work and lack of towing I've grown to point of deciding to sell the Titan. (Once I swap the fuel pump).
Also selling the lady's taco as 4x2 blows.
I'm planning on selling hers and buying my replacement - Xterra.
And mine will get sold or traded in when its time to get the 2016 Tacoma for her.
Tooooooo much movement for my brain.

Some of you knew my oldest Pit (Dharma). I knew this was coming but didn't expect it to be this hard. We had to make the gut wrenching decision last week to let her go. Selfishly...13.5 years just wasn't enough.

Damn that sucks man. 13 years is a damn good run.

I never met Dharma, only saw pictures of her: If this decision did not tear your heart out, there is something wrong with you.

Tell Dharma to say hi to my old pals, and tell them that I miss them. :tear:

:bawl:

44's don't seem much bigger than the 42's...But ...lol...it sounds better saying I'm on 44's than I'm on 42's ...If Clayton Offroad did not ship with the Shitty Brown Santa I would have the rear knocked out this week But UPS ...SUCKS BALLS unless you pay extra for magic delivery FEDEX would have been here by Friday and so would USPS , But it takes the Shitty Brown Santa extra few days to do the same job at same rates ...lol...F-U BUSTER BROWN ...anywho after the rear the front should finish quick ...That 4.0 is looking small ;-)

No way bro I gots me a 351w...that thing will push 53s all day long

Was a Joke the Lq9 is way too pricey for cheap v-8 swap I think the blocks are made from Gold . I may do a v-8 fall of 2016 ,but it will most likely be a cheap 5.3 even going the GHITTO route of radiator in cargo area since good cheap colling easily fits there .

Back