• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cleghorn Saturday Oct 10th 8:30 AM

could i get some phone numbers im for sure goin and want to call some ppl on the way up to make sure i havnt gone to far, ive never ran this trail before so not sure where the meating point is

also is this all day like should i bring food?

could i get some phone numbers im for sure goin and want to call some ppl on the way up to make sure i havnt gone to far, ive never ran this trail before so not sure where the meating point is

also is this all day like should i bring food?

We will meet at the trail entrance, which is about 30 feet from the north bound Cleghorn RD exit off the 15 freeway

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...34,-117.458321&spn=0.003749,0.010986&t=h&z=17

909 seven five eight 62 seven seven

Thomas

most of the stuff is pretty mild. I did it with one locker up front and a turdy5 a long time ago. Most of it is bypass-able. just come hang out. if nothing else to meet some cool people. i think im a go for this sat. woot! fixed my DS issues ( thanks webdog) and im going to get an alignment done today. other than that i just need longer brake lines for the heep. ANyone know which brakes likes are longer and avaiable at say vatozone or kragen? i hear the GMS Sierra 1500 will work. just need confirmation or a part number.

thanks guys! see you sat!

i have no lockers, stock gears, and a 30/35

i got my no start issue resolved..so i think i am going to come now. its a 1:45 min drive though

how much gas do you guys assume will it take to finish the trail?

what would be the most likely candidates for breaking something? i want to be prepared haha.

im slightly nervous haha. if i do break is anyone willing to tow me back home :gee:

i have no lockers, stock gears, and a 30/35

i got my no start issue resolved..so i think i am going to come now. its a 1:45 min drive though

how much gas do you guys assume will it take to finish the trail?

what would be the most likely candidates for breaking something? i want to be prepared haha.

im slightly nervous haha. if i do break is anyone willing to tow me back home :gee:

I wouldn't worry to much, it sounds like there is going to be a lot of us and i am sure we will be able to do trail repairs if needed.

I am thinking about going one more exit and topping off my tank, or stopping in fontana for gas.

Oh, and I to am Open/ Open, D30/ D35 , 3.55 gears.

aww man, doesnt look like ill be going. have a safe one guys!

I wouldn't worry to much, it sounds like there is going to be a lot of us and i am sure we will be able to do trail repairs if needed.

I am thinking about going one more exit and topping off my tank, or stopping in fontana for gas.

Oh, and I to am Open/ Open, D30/ D35 , 3.55 gears.

:cheers: good stuff. a buddy is coming with me in my heep, and he said he'll throw down on gas as well. im pretty stoked.

i gotta leave damn early though, around 6am

Friend and I will be coming. Not sure if i will bring the XJ or YJ still heh. My XJ i still need to fix the posi lock issue. I will need to be back at home at 12 to get my kids from my ex, so depending on how long it takes I might have to leave early. Does this trail come out by silverwood lake? There was a trail I was on awhile ago that came out by it but we got onto it from by the baitshop that goes down the 178 (I think thats what its called lol) where there is a posted offroad entrance. I thought this was the Cleghorn trail til i looked at your map hehe.

My XJ is open front and rear running 33's with about a 3 1/2 inch plus homebrew lift with 30/35s.

My YJ is open front and rear running 33's with 30/35s.

hopefully I wont have to do this to my rig out there.... :twak: :p

last question

gas? im planning on like 40$ is that enough to get from anaheim there and back and run the trail?

also webdog i got a cb ill be on im not tuned or anything though dont know anyone with the tuning stuff im guessing that what the swr is

How many of you have CB's? I wired mine up tonight but I cant find my SWR meter, anyone have one they can bring?

Should I be packing a lunch?

I have a CB on my XJ, but I just installed a antenne and haven't got it tuned yet or have a SWR meter. I want to see how it works though :). Its a 5 dollar cb with a free antenne hehe :).

I would pack a lunch and water etc just in case. You never know what might happen on a trail :).

Ill look again for my meter tomorrow, and i might just go get another one since they are only about $15 at frys. It would be nice to tune the radios. I had it tuned on my other XJ and then swapped it over same positioning for everything, so its probably not to far off.

Im down for anything and everything. Time to make those 3.07s work for me!

Someone say X Trail? :eyes:

nope! i dont recall.... :scared:

i would breing a lunch, snack and some water. Its always nice to pull over and eat near "poser rock" If anyone has dogs they wanna bring it think they would be welcome as well. I usually go to Food 4 less the day before and get their Deli sammiches. They are like 1.98 and are friggin delicious. Well, the chicken salad ones are.
I have a CB as well and i think its the Uniden PRO-510XL. I borrowed SilverSLK's Uniden and it worked awesome but gave it back. Bought one for myself and last time out i didnt get good range on it. How do you go about tuning one or are these models tuned out of the box?

anyway, hope to see you all there!

tuning can be easy or hard depending on the antenna, If you have a firestick you just need to adjust the top screw. If you have a regular antenna you have to modify the cable length.

first - advice for the newbie - cleg can get windy & cold - always bring water. most of us have tools to help out - we'll point out the areas u might or might not wanna run - however i've seen stock blazers, 4-runners, etc run this entire trail.
my wife told me this am somethin sounds funny when she pushes in the clutch - throw-out bearing is f'd, it's in the shop right now, & will hopefully be finished this afternoon. if it's done, i'm in for manana, if not, don't know

Back