• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cleghorn Saturday Oct 10th 8:30 AM

well, im getting my shit alinged today and if i can get longer brake lines, then its a go for me. Granted i have only diven like 50 miles on the new gears that justin installed. Dont know if i should be wheeling it already this soon.

How long will the run take? I have to be home around 12 noon to get my boys from my Ex... ? Wife and I might come depending.. not sure though if bring XJ or YJ hehe.... decisions, decisions... :).

ok i know you said newbies are invited but is there any other newbies going or am i going to slow everyone down big time

I am pretty sure that as everyone is invited they are not concerned about newbies slowing them down :). Heck there could be some of this going on during the trails that would slow everything down a lot more... :repair: Plus how will you learn if you dont go? :). Hope to see you there and if you dont want to do a section or something I will hang with you if I go :).

maybe i can meet up after the race...if ya'll are still wheelin'. really wan't to go play but the kids and family come first.

Give me your ticket and I'll go. I'll even bring my family. I'm sure we'll get along with your family just fine.. :cool:

I'm just ribbing you. I'll drop anything just to spend time with my family. That's why I haven't been wheeling or posting up much... not to mention the crazy schedule I have right now... :D

Just think about like this.. You can go wheeling even when you're 70yrs old. Your kids won't always be there.. ;)

Anywho.. That was my epiphany for the day.. :spin1:

E

Give me your ticket and I'll go. I'll even bring my family. I'm sure we'll get along with your family just fine.. :cool:

I'm just ribbing you. I'll drop anything just to spend time with my family. That's why I haven't been wheeling or posting up much... not to mention the crazy schedule I have right now... :D

Just think about like this.. You can go wheeling even when you're 70yrs old. Your kids won't always be there.. ;)

Anywho.. That was my epiphany for the day.. :spin1:

E

so does this mean your going??? :p

i may go depending on wether or not i score some brake lines and i dont have any bump stops in the front.... or rear for that matter. also need to get degree shims or make some sort of t-case spacers to drop it about an inch or so.... hmmmm....

so does this mean your going??? :p

i may go depending on wether or not i score some brake lines and i dont have any bump stops in the front.... or rear for that matter. also need to get degree shims or make some sort of t-case spacers to drop it about an inch or so.... hmmmm....

Sent you a PM about shims or drop.

Cleghorn is a great trail. ive seen teh whole trail done in a stock rig with nothing but a 2" coil spacer up front. just take your time, and make sure you have recovery points front and rear. it helps to go with someone who knows the trail and go slow in the v notches. if you dont feel comfortable doing a trail dont do it, there are bypasses for everything (follow the graded dirt road) to avoid the dead end go left at the forks, otherwise you'll end up turning around at a really nice overlook of the lake :D

Cleghorn is a great trail. ive seen teh whole trail done in a stock rig with nothing but a 2" coil spacer up front. just take your time, and make sure you have recovery points front and rear. it helps to go with someone who knows the trail and go slow in the v notches. if you dont feel comfortable doing a trail dont do it, there are bypasses for everything (follow the graded dirt road) to avoid the dead end go left at the forks, otherwise you'll end up turning around at a really nice overlook of the lake :D

yup! did this once... sucks and is sketchy!

How long will the run take? I have to be home around 12 noon to get my boys from my Ex... ? Wife and I might come depending.. not sure though if bring XJ or YJ hehe.... decisions, decisions... :).

Cleg can be done in about two to three hours at a nice pace, but one of the nice things is you can pull off the trail and take the fire roads out at any time if you have to leave

i really really would like to go, but i have a no-start issue right now, and while my jeep is lifted with a rusty's 4.5" kit on 33"s, im nervous about making the 1:45 drive and breaking something out there as it would be my first time doing real wheeling and this is also my DD for now. although i am good about being light on the skinny pedal..

Im in with girlie and dog!

i really really would like to go, but i have a no-start issue right now, and while my jeep is lifted with a rusty's 4.5" kit on 33"s, im nervous about making the 1:45 drive and breaking something out there as it would be my first time doing real wheeling and this is also my DD for now. although i am good about being light on the skinny pedal..

most of the stuff is pretty mild. I did it with one locker up front and a turdy5 a long time ago. Most of it is bypass-able. just come hang out. if nothing else to meet some cool people. i think im a go for this sat. woot! fixed my DS issues ( thanks webdog) and im going to get an alignment done today. other than that i just need longer brake lines for the heep. ANyone know which brakes likes are longer and avaiable at say vatozone or kragen? i hear the GMS Sierra 1500 will work. just need confirmation or a part number.

thanks guys! see you sat!

don't worry about it mayhem, the trail can be done w/ your rig, and some help from others, w/o breaking stuff. take the drive out, it'll be worth your time. i was up in the air on this run, but if rambo & julio r goin, i'm in - wanna do the X trail too julio?

don't worry about it mayhem, the trail can be done w/ your rig, and some help from others, w/o breaking stuff. take the drive out, it'll be worth your time. i was up in the air on this run, but if rambo & julio r goin, i'm in - wanna do the X trail too julio?

fack no!

well... maybe... ill see if im in the mood for some scary off camber 90 degree hill climbs...:p

Back