• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Christmas party and sickness

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
From the PMs I've got from you guys and the amount if people saying they were going I would vote to cancel this. I just drove to Roy and the roads sucked!!!! I was half tempted to bag going before I got your pm.

I am going under the knife in a few minutes. If u guys decide to cancel call black bear diner and cancel the reservation under Chris.

Yes thank you.
I am alive and ready to crawl into a hole.
I text Steve today and he is still in hospital and starting a new treatment and observation.

All: I got out late Saturday after convincing the cardiologist that I was miserable there and all that they could do at that point was to adjust my meds. based on the lab results they would get over the next day or so. I even stopped by the Black Bear Diner to see who was there and Derek, Chandler, and various family members were there. I could not stay, as I needed to go home and collapse into bed. Let's all hope 2014 and the rest of this year is healthier.

Thanks Ryan. What happened to me is still not 100% certain, but rest assured it is rare, and recovery appears to be certain. Expect me to be right in the mix when the new BOD starts the year. In fact, I want to push for a face-to-face ASAP (January 4, 2014) to get Jerry Allen on the accounts and to plan the years activities. I just need to plan whether to do it at my home over brunch, or what. It also means a morning trip to a First America Credit Union. What would be your interest or any of the other former BOD members in attending this meeting, just out of curiosity. In this case, you guys know what has worked and would be valuable sounding boards for any new ideas.

This would be my suggestion. We did this in the past and it worked out well.

Get together with the present bod and the guys coming in. Just the five of you to take care of the transfer of accounts and such. Should be pretty painless with you staying on as treasurer.

Then...and I'd do this right away, plan a public meeting-M&G in January to get people's opinions on what they would like to do this year. Make it clear that if you don't show up, you can't complain about a run or other activity.

But...it's your show, run it how you best see fit. After having dinner with Jerry and his wife and sensing Aaron's attitude I'm excited about the enthusiasm coming into the bod this year. I think the IC will be well served by you guys.

I agree with what Doc said. Seemed to work good in the past. Meet with the current BOD and get stuff swapped. Then have a M&G as soon as possible to get ideas/input. And if later you need help or advice from past BOD that's what this place is for :)

I will make sure I'm available on January 4th , why don't we plan a M&G on that day as well somewhere down there and get everyone's input?

70% chance I'll be driving home from Seattle on the 4th... Yeah, looks like I'm THAT guy.

Well, doesn't make sense to postpone/change for one person. Jerry I can swing by your place sometime before the 4th and I can give you my input. Then i can hook up with you after I'm back to get the secret handshake.

I looked at the schedule at work and some people already have requested the 4th off, there's a good chance that I might not get that day off. Would it be a huge problem to move it to the 11th??

move it to whatever works for you guys, it'll be your show :D

and both you and Aaron have been given admin status on the FB page.

11th works for me too :)

Jerry: The 11th works for me. I believe you live north of SLC, but where is Aaron (Aaron, where are you)? Maybe my suggestion to meet in Sandy would be better in a more central location if you both are north.

Steve
Aaron and I both live in Layton. Maybe we could meet in Salt Lake?
Aaron what are your thoughts?

Back