• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Barnwell in November?

im still planning on being there, hopefully we can get off work. been taking alot of time off lately.

got some new camping gear im ready to try out!

Last edited:
I plan on going unless I can find a full time job and have to work.

OK guys just post if you need to bail... don't want to go all that way and nobody else shows :( I have friends going to Hidden Falls that weekend too ;)

Patrick, it's an old ore mountain that grew over and TMTC took over and we started building trails in late 1999. There are like 70 trails... each was sponsored buy a club. I was in an Xterra club we sponsored and built "Xway" a 3 diamond trail good for Xterras or a lot of stock trucks. There is everything from the park dirt road to the campsites to 5 diamond trails you will roll or break ;) Our campsite was purposely built on the back side of the mountain away from the others. There are many sites and full hookup RV sites. Has showers and bathrooms for all to use. There are ATV and motorcycle exclusive trails and "Linda Gail" was made as a horse trail... Linda the wife of the original manager liked to horse ride. I would say it has all that HiddenFalls does and a lot more... http://www.barnwellmountainra.com/

Last edited:
Im planning on going .. but u know how that goes.... first grandson is due the 14th so will see what happens...

My quick search is only showing 2 hotels in Gilmer, is tgat correct? Are tgere any other CHEAP hotels near by?
It will be only the boy and I if it happens so that means hotel, tents and a baby don't work

There are a couple Motels not sure if only two... some guys always get them. There are now cabins too but not exactly sure what they have... look nice in the pics.

Roger, I'm planning on heading up Friday.

Patrick, there are only 2 hotels in Gilmer and there are 2 cabins at Barnwell with their own kitchen's and bathrooms.

I'm still planning on going. If Hidden Falls would work better, that would work better for me. Maybe I could shoot a deer at our place in the morning and wheel all day after that.

Back