• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bah Humbug

hiimmred

NAXJA Forum User
Just kidding! I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! I've been given a great gift this year in the friendships I've made through this forum. Been a great year of wheeling with many of you and look forward to many more in 2010!

Ed

Christmas is a time when kids tell Santa what they want and adults pay for it. Deficits are when adults tell the government what they want and their kids pay for it.

Happy Holidays! May Santa leave a set of full width axles under the tree for all the nice boys and girls.
xmas_tree.gif

So what'd everyone get?

Me: Shotgun (Beretta A391 Urika2, I paid for part of it though, still awesome!), Shirts (dress shirts very nice!), blender / food processor, gift cards (best buy / bass pro shop), knives, undershirts / socks. Nothing for the jeep though :(

I got my dad the Smittybilt GEAR Seat covers for his jeep though! Very nice. I am so jealous, I want to put them on my jeep to see if they fit, but I didn't drive my jeep out there...

Trying to sober up for the drive home now...

I got a 3 day trip to Las Vegas and tickets to see Phantom of the Opera for me, my wife and my youngest daughter from my in-laws. I got myself some Ten Factory axles for my D30. Clothes mostly from everyone else, which is great I'd rather not have people spend a lot of money on me in these tough times.

I believe it's both inner and outer with 760 U-joints.

After market aloy inner and outer axle shafts with 760's is a great upgread to the Dana 30 (well CTM's are even better then the 760's). I would go with Ten Factory like you did, thats what I run in both my front and rear axles! http://www.tenfactory.com/

But the front axle needs full circle cilps, you need to get rid of the weak u-joint c-clips because it is the reason most all Dana 30 axles fail.

As you can see here the c-clip only goes part way around and dose not cover all of the u-joint cap like the full circle clip dose:
Cclip2.jpg

When a front axle breaks at the u-joint it is because the c-clip had force on it and popped off, then the cap will slied out, then the ears get streached till they break off.

AxleBreak.jpg

Then once the axle has broken off and the u-joint is gone the inner axle shaft slides out of the axle till it grinds on the outer. This will then push the outer under the innner and your ball joints will fail, and then your knuckle will fall off.

KnuckleBreak.jpg

Full circle clips!!! !!!1

Woof.... i hope my knuckles don't ever fall off..... :D

Just don't drive on a broken axle, if you don't have a spair pull the inner out and put a rag in the tube to not dump out all of your gear oil. I always have spair ball joints with me.

Useing two winches to pull my junk out of tank traps at 11pm on a Sunday:
WinchLines.jpg

The inner knuckle was digging a trench up the steep hill side:
WinchLights.jpg

But when your not going to be driving it home, you can drink as much as you like:
KnuckleBreak3.jpg

It's even worse when you break a Dana 60 rear and it breaks the ball joints on your queer steer...
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

:laugh2:

Back