• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody try these?

I had these in another car I had once...there pretty nice, but I think the price is steep compared to some sony or pioneer speakers(which are good too.)

Then again...you get what you pay for.

refrence series speakers work well if you have a whole system installed especially if you plan on dividing frequency duties between those and a set of tweeters and subs. they will sound good either way though. I have the kappa series in my XJ without subs and they handle the bass frequencies a bit better than the refrence sereis ones in my eclipse. and as before mentioned you get what you pay for. If your gonna thrash them then get pioneer, if your gonna listen to them then spend the cash and buy what fits your budget but gets you more value. the refrence series ones In my eclipse have been there since 1996 without any problems and I used them daily till a few months ago

I have 5002i. Love the things wouldnt trade them for anything. A little cheaper then the 5012i too. Infinity is definatly a great way to go!

You might want to step up to the 6" versions they fit very nicely. I bought my sister new front and rear speaker for X-mas last year and did the 5s ing the back and 6s up ront and it sounds realy good concdering its running off a head unit.

i only use Infinity and Alpine equiptment in all my cars. I use Infinity when im setting up component sys. and Alpine for full range speakers.
those speakers would be good though...what will you be using to power them?
Head Unit or ext. amp.?

Just a quick note find what you want on crutchfield.com but buy on ebay just punch in the exact same part # or name and you will save a ton. Or check out froogle.com and search for it there.

Get either eclipse or JL audio coaxials. You can fit 6 1/2" if you remove the foam backer pocket from the factory speaker.

JUNK. The perfect series is nice but the referance series sucks. I worked at an audio shop last summer doing installs, and I think I replaced more blown Infinities then I did stock speakers. Cars that have them in the rear deck are the worst, the sun bakes them and they just decintigrate.

Go with expensive Pioneers (dont tell my boss I said that), Blaupunkt Overdrives, Focal if you want to spend some cash.

I'm not a fan of Rockfords, but they last and if bought from a rep they have a good warrenty.

jeepkid2000 said:
yeah, those speakers will work fine with factory unit, or aftermarket unit.

They're good speakers. I've had the 5012is in various vehicles over the past few years with both factory and aftermarket head units, and they work great. Not mega-audiophile quality, but for what you pay for them you won't be getting ripped-off. Also try the 6012is - if you can make them fit, they're worth the extra $20 or so.

One thing: they really like being matched all around. If you're going with them, I'd recommend replacing all four or your stereo will sound like crap.

Back