• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A-pillar tweeter mounts

I scored a set at the junkyard a year and half ago. Free, becuase I bought the overhead console. It was out of a 98 classic.

They were the ugly light grey, but I installed them anyway.

My 01 had the factory wiring already! They just plugged right in.

I actually painted them to match today, I'll post pics tomorrow.

So the consensus is that my '01 Sport XJ should already have the wiring run behind the door panel for the tweeters? I have installed a nice Alpine HU and 6-1/2" speakers all around (including the sound bar) and not I'm wanting to add in some Pioneer Tweeters. I've got the tweeters sitting on my desk at home and can't remember now if I did/didn't have the wiring already run for my Tweeters. I do NOT have the nice tweeter pods that have been posted here but would love to find a pair and put the new tweeters in. Not a lot of pull-n-parts for Jeeps around me... especially for late model XJs that might have the tweeter pods.

I'm thinking about surface mounting them or drilling a hole and mounting them flush on that plastic 'triangle' a-pillar pod... but not sure about the wiring or if there is room behind that to flush-mount the tweeter.

Any suggestions or pics would be appreciated.

I have a spare set of the factory tweeters in tan.....

Mike

I finally installed these. I snapped a few pics for interested parties. They don't do much for sound if you have aftermarket door speakers already. As mentioned previously, they plugged right in.

6698007681_2f696a0b11_o.jpg

6698007959_c0131bf73b_o.jpg

6698008111_07c99a7997_o.jpg

6698008275_95993f73e8_b.jpg

6698008437_e2db5c2367_o.jpg

6698008629_93e4f85ed5_o.jpg

6698008829_3a891689f1_o.jpg

I installed a pair of Q-logic kick panels. Made a huge difference. Q-logic lists them on Ebay from time to time with a "best offer" type of listing. The auctions are for any color you want as you specify the color after the auction ends. I got them for less than half list...

I installed a pair of Q-logic kick panels. Made a huge difference. Q-logic lists them on Ebay from time to time with a "best offer" type of listing. The auctions are for any color you want as you specify the color after the auction ends. I got them for less than half list...

Qlogic's site only list them through 96. did they fit okay in yours?

Back