• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 Cherokee 2dr, 5spd, lift, tons of new parts. pics within

5.0 Junkie

NAXJA Forum User
Asking $3500, but don't need to sell. Would like to get a 4dr so I can put the kid in easier. Some parts needed replacing, but since I drove this every day, I replaced many just so I didn't have to worry about them.

Body is straight, with a little rust on the bottom of the doors, but you have to look for it. No structural issues. Interior is very clean for the age. Vehicle runs great and hasn't skipped a beat. Has gotten over 20mpg on highway.

3" suspension lift. All springs, no blocks.
BFG AT KO 31x10.50 on Centerline alum wheels. Lots of tread left.
XJ armor intake with cone filter and relocated IAT.

New parts:
-All Moog HD steering components, all tie rods, trackbar, etc, including stabilizer, with Grand Cherokee where they would fit (much beefier)
-Energy Suspension bushings: track bar, all sway bar, tie rod boots
-t-stat
-t/chain
-rod bearings as I was in there and they didn't look new
-pan gasket and rear main seal
-filter adapter o-rings
-valve cover gasket
-Inlet air temp sensor
-coolant sensor
-reman mustang 19lb injectors
-engine mounts
-starter
-forward pinion bearing, race, seal and pinion yoke
-t/case output seal
-royal purple in rear diff, new fluid in t/case
-shifter boot
-vac line to MAP sensor
-clutch master cylinder
-idler pulley
-fan clutch
-accel cap, rotor, wires
-bosch platinum plugs
-fuel filter
-upper and lower radiator hose
-fresh oil and filter last night
-I'll include 2 oil filters and 2 qts royal purple lube for front diff and 2 qts coastal syn blend for trans.

likely forgetting stuff as I have put 30+ hours in and close to $1000 in new parts.

TPS set to spec, intake/throttle body cleaned, etc. Looks like Sony speakers in doors. Fact cassette player. Power windows and locks.

jeep2.jpg

more pics

DUW on these, interior shots.
http://www.nocontrolmotorsports.com/images/jeep3.jpg
http://www.nocontrolmotorsports.com/images/jeep4.jpg

DUW, another exterior
http://www.nocontrolmotorsports.com/images/jeep1.jpg

Its a shame you're getting rid of it. You're to be commended for keeping a 16 year old vehicle in that kind of shape. Good luck with your sale.

I kinda like the thing. Never skips a beat, just wanting to pay down debt and get a newer 4dr for ease of kid hauling. Thanks for the kind words.

yardape said:
Its a shame you're getting rid of it. You're to be commended for keeping a 16 year old vehicle in that kind of shape. Good luck with your sale.

Would you be interested in trading for a 1988 - 4 door XJ - w/4.0 liter, Auto, Select-trac 4x4, sitting stock w/ roughly 120 k on it? It's silver with grey interior. No rust...and just a few dings here and there. I might be interested in throwing in some boot...or other things to make the deal better for ya.
Let me know....
Thanks
ARon

I really want something that I won't have to work on much. I'm looking at a 99. This was just my winter vehicle. I have an 03 Mach 1 also. However, send me pics. I'll look at anything.

Never got any pics. Having trouble posting stuff too for some reason.

Price is flexible if I can sell soon. Forgot it is a 6cyl and has a new o2 sensor.

Would entertain trades for newer 4dr xj.

It has a little over 191k, but runs great. Doesn't burn oil and has good power. I drive it daily and work for an engine supplier. If it was weak, I'd have already replaced it. Shoot me some pics and details on yours. Location?

muddy_daze said:
What kind of miles on your jeep? I have a '99 I might be interested in trading.

I actually don't have a digital camera to use so I can't send you pictures, but I will tell you everything I know. It is a '99 forest green colored four door with a factory tow package. It has 69k miles on it, auto trans, a/c (not working), power everything, keyless entry, cd/cassette/radio, tan interior with only a small tear on the side of the drivers seat. With the exception of the a/c not working and a sticky window lock- out, this jeep has been well taken care of. I am the second owner of this jeep and the previous owner appears to have taken very good care of the vehicle.

I am located in east Cincinnati, if you are interested or have any other questions, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] . Its not that I don't love my jeep, it would just be nice to get out of having a car payment as I am a recent college grad working for very little money and a lot of bills right now.

Back