• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2011 Chapter Event thread.

Bump... So where are we at? I know GImike showed some intersest in catering for us?

Or shall we do as normal and just buy a bunch of rollers n sliders?

Has anyone tried contacting local vendors for event donations?

National is going to send all the sponsorship item to me relatively soon.

My Shop will be donating a gear setup labor and possibly gears.

Who's leading what? I can lead the easy/medium run

We need hard trail leaders/gunners.

John, I don't know if I am going to be able to attend since money got so tight. What are the rules about local donations? I thought they had to be routed through national. If they do allow local donations I'll get a hold of Desert Rat, 4wheelparts, Ballistic Fab, and other Tucson shops. Let me know.

Only club sponsors have to be channeled through national...

You can always ride camera bitch?

Tyler if you still willing to help I more than welcome the man power.

Yeah John, I am still willing to help around here. I just committed to too many things after Sean took the position so I realized I couldn't fill the slot anymore.

I am ready to get to work as well just point me in the right direction. Do we still need the not for profit status?

I've only ran around table mesa once so I dont think I can lead anything...I will probably run with the easy/medium crowd.

Technically no. It is priority but time is running fast on the national event. I'd like to get it done but I don't think its wise to put them in front of event planning. If you want to try and get it done go ahead and have at it.

Arron: Will you talk to mike and see if he'd still interested in catering. If so we need pricing sooner than later for everyone. If he's not interested we can buy food the day of the event. Do you mind heading that up?

Tyler: If you wouldn't mind hitting up vendors that would be cool. I don't want the job cause I'm a competitor in the industry. Though mentioning what I"m donating (and don't mention my position within the club) might be some good ammo to get some decent donations.

James:
Will you hit up vendors also? maybe split the vendors between you and Tyler in the two local areas? Can you lead any trails?

I will coordinate with national. I already have a discount at the Black Canyon City KOA for a 15% group discount on the campsites. Anything else that arises I will do my best to take care of. I plan on starting to pre-run trail in September. I know a few up there but I want to take a refresher course. Maybe we can have out BOD only run at that time?

Thoughts, input, comment, concerns?

PS- I hit up Gasman to see if he would be interested in leading the hard trails again. Finding someone to lead the easy stuff shouldn't be too hard.

Last edited:
Alex: Will you talk to mike and see if he'd still interested in catering. If so we need pricing sooner than later for everyone. If he's not interested we can buy food the day of the event. Do you mind heading that up?

Am I Alex? Guess its better than Streisand :laugh2:.

I like the idea of a BOD run before the event.

AARON

PM'd GImike last week about catering...so far no response.

I don't have his phone number. Tyler might.

Does anyone have any objections to presale raffle tickets paid via Paypal? I was thinking $1 each and/or 25 for $20? and a separate raffle for the grand prize gear/setup @ $5 per ticket?

I also suggest a stipulation that you must be present on order to win. Also purchases are non-refundable.

input, questions, comments, concerns?

Mike's number is 520-977-4103.

I've got no issues with a presale but do we want to do only $1 a ticket? Seems like we wont make that much money. And John I would only do $20 for 22 tickets.

I don't have his phone number. Tyler might.

Does anyone have any objections to presale raffle tickets paid via Paypal? I was thinking $1 each and/or 25 for $20? and a separate raffle for the grand prize gear/setup @ $5 per ticket?

I also suggest a stipulation that you must be present on order to win. Also purchases are non-refundable.

input, questions, comments, concerns?

Sounds good to me.

Mike's number is 520-977-4103.

I've got no issues with a presale but do we want to do only $1 a ticket? Seems like we wont make that much money. And John I would only do $20 for 22 tickets.

Thanks Tyler. I'll try giving him a call this week.

I like having the tickets being a $1...if they are cheaper we may sell more... and people who might not usually spend $20 may do so for 5 "free" tickets. Just my 2 cents.

I share the same thoughts as Aaron. Most of the events I have been to usually run the same price. I know the SoCal JV run is/was that much. It's not like we have to worry about a profit margin either.

One more thing. Both Gasman and themud agreed to lead the hard runs this year. So that's covered.

If I don't do the hard stuff I will lead any of the following: Lower Term, Upper Term, Judgement Day, or Predator.

I'll post up a thread and see if anyone is willing to lead the easy run.

Doesnt seem like mike is interested in catering. No replies to PM or voicemail yet.

I guess we should explore other options. Any ideas?

When I organized 09 we cooked up some rollers and sliders and i spent all day Saturday shopping for it. I'm not doing that again.

So who wants to call catering companies and gather info.

I dont mind making a couple calls. Just have a couple questions first:

Is it just dinner on Saturday? I am guessing we will be eating at the KOH after we are done wheeling for the day.

Any idea on number of people yet?

I was thinking about calling up some of those BBQ places that have trailers and grill on site...we have them at the mine once in a while and they are usually pretty good.

Back