• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2011 Chapter Event thread.

Ive never met him and everyone says hes cool its just the way hes acted towards me about this whole chapter deal and that there may not even have been an account but rather a pile of money he monitored.

Given the response weve received from the masses I think its safe to say we wont get any useful insight on event names. So I think we should get that and the dates settled so we can have the event forum created. Once we have that done it will allow our whining members to see that we are actually working to get stuff done and not running this chapter into the ground AZXJ stated.

I'm pushing for

20-23 of Oct 2011
Table Mesa
Basecamp KOA
POSJ event forum moderator

I want these dates and locations because it doesn't interefere with other runs. TM has trails for everyone. Basecamp doesn't have a contingentcy against having a raffle. Most of the BOD has been on the trails before. So we don't have to lean on the members for leaders. Basically we're in more control of what we want/need. If anybody has a better location that can provide the forementioned post up.

I don't like cheroktober it doesn't roll off the tongue very well.

Last edited:
aye.

I can lead Lower and possibly Upper Terminator, and Raw Deal if there are any stock guys. Definitely want to run Upper maybe once more before I lead since it broke my heap last time.

I still like Cheroktober Fest. Doesnt scare anyone away that might be scared of rocks.

OK forum is up and running. Lets talk runs, campground, raffle, and trail leaders.

I can lead the usual LT/UT/JD/ and Predator easy/medium runs. Gasman says he can most likely lead the hard runs. When do you guys want to have official runs? Friday and Sat? or the whole weekend. Typically official runs are Fri and Sat and wild cards Thursday and Sunday.

Camp at the Black Canyon City KOA. I got us a discounted rate. I want to confirm the discount rate and dates before we post up.

I'll handle National level raffle prizes. I will also hit up local Vendors. We should list and assign different Vendors to different BOD. That way they're not being double tapped.

What's the score?

Sounds good.

Update on chapter funds***

Just got a response from woundedxj he has the cashiers check made out and just needed the mailing address said hed call in the am if i didnt shoot it to him in a pm
Im having it sent to my po box. so if everything works out we should have the funds by the end of the week and be ready to set up the new account

Awesome, what kind of food are we going to be cooking for our dinner saturday night? Burgers and hot dogs or do we want to actually serve food people will enjoy?

Pot luck?

I would think for the main night we could provide food for the members as kind of like a thanks for showing and this is what your BOD does for you.

Sounds good.

Update on chapter funds***

Just got a response from woundedxj he has the cashiers check made out and just needed the mailing address so if everything works out we should have the funds by the end of the week and be ready to set up the new account

I'll hold my breath.

Usually BOD hosts an dinner to make money for the chapter.

We're good to go on the KOA in Black Canyon City. We have a 15% discount on the campgroudn for our group as long as they mention being with the NAXJA group. I'll post up thread in the event forum.

Back