• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

12 Gauge Garage

at 1:03 i was like 'why's he showing off his poor fitting moulding?'
then at 1:08 i was like 'oh'

all in all, too clean, and too many 'no parking' signs.

Yeah, too clean.
And I dunno the tile just doesn't seem right.
Not a lot of 'open space' when the car is in there, either.

Looks like a good use of the space that he had. I'm sure if he had a lifted Jeep or truck he would have built the space accordingly.

Looks like a good use of the space that he had. I'm sure if he had a lifted Jeep or truck he would have built the space accordingly.

Yep, the guy seems smart - his posts are well written.
(he said he writes screenplays)
I've been sucked into that forum now.

I really do like the garage, that's why I wanted to share it with you guys!

NEat and tidy, i dont see much welding going on on that "welding table". Its too clean and you cant hide traces of metal work. Plus the green makes me think im in a 1940s hospital.

Besides the fact that he drives a porsche makes me wonder what his boyfriend thinks of the garage.

Last edited:
That is pretty awesome and I'm pretty sure I've seen that guys garage in other forum posts showing off other things. It seems really well thought out and built for exactly what he needs and that is obviously not a lifted SUV.

I really don't understand how that lift can be useful. Its too high to use a creeper under. Too low to stand under. Crouch under? Sure, it makes changing tires easier... but thats about it. Doesn't have anything to do if its a SUV or Jeep or Ferrari. I just don't see it as being very functional. And why 15 hammers?

Last edited:
OCD? and theyre in a cabinet cause he's gay? (hypothesized earlier, who knows... but the garage shows it)

he says its a track car, maybe he does a lot of suspension tweaking? something tells me he isnt doing heavy fab work like we do.

a wife that makes OK food, and is OK looking, is still better than no wife at all....

lots of really cool garage builds on garage journal.
i have been on there for years, same with the hamb & jockey journal. lots of cool stuff & good ideas.

Hey, guys. I just saw this. Thanks for the nice words about the garage. I'll admit, it isn't the perfect solution for everybody. I built it just for what I do in it, which is work on the track car, do some metal fabrication and some basic carpentry. I built all nine benches in the place. And the place does get messy.

messygarage.jpg

But it cleans up easy, since I took the time to come up with a place to put all of my tools and other stuff that would normally be all over the place.

As it happens, I've owned an XJ7 for 18 years now. I don't know if it will prove that I'm not gay, but it's never been parked in a garage or even washed.

TheJeep.jpg

Here it is with a rack I made that lets me take home small loads of 20' steel stock.

therack.jpg

bunksteel.jpg

(I also welded that wrought iron fence you see on top of the retaining wall and around the front yard of my house. There are about 2000 individual welds in the fence, which might answer the question of whether I actually do any welding in the garage.)

The garage saw both an engine swap and also a complete rebuild this year. The lift is perfect for the car that I work on. It works under my low ceiling, and gets me access to all four wheels for suspension/brake/wheel work, and also gives me the ability to get to all of a Porsche 911's engine, drivetrain and exhaust. There is nothing but a belly pan where the car contacts the lift. And when I'm not using it, it's just more tiled floor.

humpty.jpg

I do have blocks so that I can lift other cars. But I put it there for the track car.

Jack Olsen

I'd love to have a garage organized and outfitted that well (although the lift would useless for my Jeep. All the more reason to buy a sports car). As far as the guys being insulting, put a confederate flag or NASCAR banner up and take a picture; they'll think you're one of them. ;)

Back