• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You will not believe this on!!!

TUFFXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just another example of just how silly things have become in the country.

This just happen in the last week here in Arizona

A reservist Sgt in the US Army just back from Iraq was at a rest stop 7 men walk out from the bushes, he is in a state of mind that VERY few of us can relate to and he pulls his handgun in self defense. He holds them calls authorities and they come and arrest HIM for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Turns out they were ALL illegal immigrants and they file charges against this American hero and he is in jail. This is the kid of BS that makes me sick to my stomach, WTF are we thinking?????????? Did he do the “right” thing I don’t know I wasn’t there, was he in fear don’t know wasn’t there but considering were he just got back from and the fact that he was most likely exposed to an environment were EVERYONE could be a threat I can sympathize with his thinking. Should he receive a fine, maybe. Should he be being held for 7 counts of Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon for this HELL NO!!!

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0414detain14.html

No respect, I tell ya, no respect.

rodneydangerfield.jpg

Heard that on the news last night and the wife had to calm me down from my irrate cussing rant at the TV and Arpaio...fat fuck!

Dude followed his dog into some brush and then gets rushed by a group of unknown people, and the cops are syaing IT WASNT SELF DEFENSE!

GAHHHH

Retarded state I live in.

Fergie

Might be a reaction to those people watching for illegals down on the border. Gotta expect some repercussions from treading on their turf. It's not *right* and it's not *fair* but its part of the same system that gets illegals social security and health care. It's just another symptom of the breaking point that is coming from too much by the book law and not enough common sense.

Jebus.

It seems this reservist performed an illegal act.

This guy had no business drawing down on a bunch of people unless they were armed and/or threatening him.

If he is innocent, he'll get off in court.

I sure as hell don't want someone drawing down on me and a bunch of buddies becuase we startle him.

If he's PTSD, he shouldn't be out on the block yet.

And yes, I'm a gun owner/supporter, and yes, I'm active duty, and yes, I know exactly what kind of state of mind he was in.

So I think, if the story is true, the cop did the right thing, and the judge will sort it out. He'll probably get off scott free or with a fine.

You guys are doing just what the reporters want you to do, getting all fired up over something that is fodder for a police blotter.

Reactions: JnJ
I wonder what would have happened had it been 7 Al Qaeda operatives?

I can see it now, "Sgt. Foils Terrorist Plot, receives assault charges"

Fuggin BS.

Sad thing is more people get upset about making stray cats legal to shoot vs. stories like this.

What really gets me is this guy will most likely get a little for the criminal charges but will get sued in Civil court by the Illegals that are provided lawyers by some bleeding heart group and he will be paying restitution to all of them for the rest of his life for the “suffering” he caused them when they snuck into the US. Makes me SICK!!

wescam said:
and yes, I know exactly what kind of state of mind he was in.

Really, I find that hard to believe you know JACK SHIT about PTSS. I spent 6 years in the Corps and was in quite a few environments that I can say I totally understand what he is going through in his mind. Guessing by were you are and what you say, I say you are in some spit and polish non deployed unit that has to deal with nothing more than traffic jams on a daily basis or maybe who is going to work the next funeral detail. I may be wrong and you may very well have spent some time in the shit but something tells me otherwise.

Either a Zero behind a desk or some other "Non-combat" position

Last edited:
Zipdrive007 said:
Really, I find that hard to believe you know JACK SHIT about PTSS. I spent 6 years in the Corps and was in quite a few environments that I can say I totally understand what he is going through in his mind. Guessing by were you are and what you say, I say you are in some spit and polish non deployed unit that has to deal with nothing more than traffic jams on a daily basis or maybe who is going to work the next funeral detail. I may be wrong and you may very well have spent some time in the shit but something tells me otherwise.

Either a Zero behind a desk or some other "Non-combat" position

A career soldier like myself has many assignments over the course of 18 years. And currently I am in a unit that does not deploy. But that has nothing to do with my experiences over the years. I don't have to justify that to anyone.

I won't reply any further. You should PM me if you wish to question my service record. You might find yourself apologizing.

Edit, again if this new story is real, this soldier showed a true lack of discipline as described in the first post.

Any veteran knows you don't go around pulling weapons on civilians unless you are threatened.

But, I see rather than question the validity of his actions, you question my service.

Last edited:
wescam said:
A career soldier like myself has many assignments over the course of 18 years. And currently I am in a unit that does not deploy. But that has nothing to do with my experiences over the years. I don't have to justify that to anyone.

I won't reply any further. You should PM me if you wish to question my service record. You might find yourself apologizing.

Edit, again if this new story is real, this soldier showed a true lack of discipline as described in the first post.

Any veteran knows you don't go around pulling weapons on civilians unless you are threatened.

But, I see rather than question the validity of his actions, you question my service.

I would like to apologize for my inappropriate response attacking your service. As with all of us Veterans we have all served and that should never be questioned.

Thank you for your continued service

Simper Fi

Last edited:
It's all good. I know you were just hot becuase one of our brothers in arms got shafted.

I never take anything personal.

And you made a valid point in your PM, and I hope you don't mind that I share it.

The grunts in Iraq now are seeing combat stress that most of us have not seen unless we were in Vietnam (maybe Somolia, but it wasn't prolonged).

My only point is this reservist had to be detained for drawing down. The cop probably had no choice. I wish it were different sometimes, just like the majority of all do.

I didn't mean to piss anyone off by taking the unpopular stance. I do that often just becuase of my nature.

And to echo, thanks for your service too. No harm. No foul. Same team.

Now let's hope the judge in this case has some common sense and studies all the facts so this reservist can avoid any punishment.

wescam said:
My only point is this reservist had to be detained for drawing down. The cop probably had no choice. I wish it were different sometimes, just like the majority of all do.

Agreed.

Incidentally, one thing I've wondered from reading the article: what would've happened if he were a private citizen and not a reservist?

Personally, I don't like the article - I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about the way it's written that gets my hackles up.

And thank you both (and all) for your service. We *do* appreciate it.

wescam said:
It seems this reservist performed an illegal act.

This guy had no business drawing down on a bunch of people unless they were armed and/or threatening him.

If you could expound on your first sentence here, I would appreciate it.

From what I understand, he was rushed by a group of people, and being outnumbered and fearing for his life, he drew his weapon to protect himself.

What is illegal with this action?

I understand that the police took him into custody as they do with any such case, but I do not understand why the Reservist is still in jail.

Anyway, Arpaio is jsut an asshole from NY in the first case, so no wonder he opened his yap, but the whole situation appears FUBAR to me.

Fergie

casm said:
Agreed.

Incidentally, one thing I've wondered from reading the article: what would've happened if he were a private citizen and not a reservist?

Personally, I don't like the article - I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about the way it's written that gets my hackles up.

And thank you both (and all) for your service. We *do* appreciate it.

It should not be suprising at all, have you ever read The armed citizen in the front of the NRA's monthly Rifleman magazine ? The liberals do NOT like people enforcing the law in any way shape or form. Nope, no surpise to me at all, that his name even came up, once the illegals were id'd as illegals he should have just been quietly sent on his way after the cop ripped him a new one. [Seeing as how they were illegals wonder if the suburban or plates were stolen ? no mention of that, might remove some of the sympathy for the 'poor illegals'.]
As for the arrest and court thing, thats what I mean, now a days it seems more important to 'get it on the record' get the 'criminal' into the sytem than solve the problem.

I do know from having to retrain some reservists, that have come back, that they are wound a little more tightly than personnel who have come back from Bosnia or when we came back from the first gulf war. I think reservists are worst off than regular troops because they lack a ready pool of people around them that have been through the same kind of thing. I know that the Marines are holding people for thirty days after return to try to (for want of a better term) reprogram them back to civilian life, but 8 months of combat (low intensity or not, combat is combat) is a lot to forget in a month.

Just my .02
Mark

RichP said:
It should not be suprising at all, have you ever read The armed citizen in the front of the NRA's monthly Rifleman magazine ? The liberals do NOT like people enforcing the law in any way shape or form.

Understood, and I'm by no means surprised at the reaction - I was simply wondering how this would've been reported had he not been a reservist or full-time serviceman, just some guy stopping to let his dog take a leak. And I *always* read The Armed Citizen; it's one of my favourite parts of the magazine.

Nope, no surpise to me at all, that his name even came up, once the illegals were id'd as illegals he should have just been quietly sent on his way after the cop ripped him a new one.

Agreed, but if he truly felt threatened - and I know I would if seven people were rushing me - the cop shouldn't have even questioned his motives in drawing.

Like I said, though, there's something about the article that makes me uneasy that I can't quite pin down. Objectivity of the reporter and/or editor come to mind, but that's not all of it.

I for one hope ALL involved truly get what they deserve, nothing more nothing less. Lets hope the judge doesn't have some political agenda to drive a point home. Also in this case it may be Politically adventitious to be lenient on the guy after all the exposure with the problems of illegals entering the country. There are still many that believe we have no problem but the ball is now rolling (I hope) to finally make some changes.

I think the main sore spot is instead of standing off and watching them walk to the truck and drive away he made them get out of the car and detained them until police had arrived when the crime they had commited (short of crossing the border illegally) wasn't really proveable no damage done no crime...

It stopped being self defense when he made them get out of the truck.. at that point they were trying to run away and illegal or not it's not worth a confrontation ending in violence or worse in the eyes of law enforcement.

But.. that said... friggin splitting hairs here... the guy didn't hurt anyone.. just wasted their time a bit... and they were illegals... so I guess I don't see why theres some huge legal action here.. It's seems more and more reporting a crime just gets you implicated as a suspect or faced with your own set of charges...

If I were the cop he'd get a stern talking to and possibly a fine of some kind... but jailtime, court and criminal charges seem extremely excessive for holding a few illegals at bay with a firearm til the police arrived...

I mean if he'd ruffed them up a bunch before the cops got there there'd be grounds but.. in this case.. it just seems stupid.

Back