• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You will not believe this on!!!

How many of you would be crying foul if the same sort of thing happened to Americans in a foreign country? Whether legally or illegally in the country doesn't matter. Say you and your friends 'startle' an armed citizen who feels compelled to hold you at gunpoint...not knowing whether you had done something wrong...and in spite of whatever that country's laws may state.

ECKSJAY said:
How many of you would be crying foul if the same sort of thing happened to Americans in a foreign country? Whether legally or illegally in the country doesn't matter. Say you and your friends 'startle' an armed citizen who feels compelled to hold you at gunpoint...not knowing whether you had done something wrong...and in spite of whatever that country's laws may state.
How would you feel?

Fergie

ECKSJAY said:

Actually that happens in alot of countrys now only in most that still allow their people to carry weapons as well as those that don't, they usually just shoot americans. I dare you to go to acapulco mexico, rent a car and drive up in the mountains. If you come back it will be without the rental car and no wallet or passport. Believe it or not most foreigners are somewhat nervous about the US because we are one of the few contries that still allows personal weapons possession and that 2nd ammendment really pisses off the UN to no end. The only other two countries that are that as open are Israel and Switzerland, both at extreme opposite ends of the 'peaceful' graph.
Even the axis powers during WWII were in a quandry about what they would do if they ever did invade north america as were the russians during the cold war.

Having spent time in a number of foreign countries, I can tell you that I always carried my passport (except in Chile, where because I am married to a Chilean citizen I am a LEGAL alien resident and have a Chilean ID card). When in another country I expect to be asked to prove that I am there legally. Heck, in Chile you have to show either a passport or a national ID card every time you use a credit card. There's a space to write the number on the receipt, just above the signature line.

What I don't understand is why we don't do that here.

Eagle said:
When in another country I expect to be asked to prove that I am there legally.

Even by Joe Citizen, off-duty weekend warrior? Why don't we do that here? Government loves the dollar. If we policed our borders and let the people handle things they'd have a lot less money to collect from the LEGAL citizens who pay taxes. Lord loves a revenue! Halleluja!

RichP said:
Actually that happens in alot of countrys now only in most that still allow their people to carry weapons as well as those that don't, they usually just shoot americans. I dare you to go to acapulco mexico, rent a car and drive up in the mountains. If you come back it will be without the rental car and no wallet or passport. Believe it or not most foreigners are somewhat nervous about the US because we are one of the few contries that still allows personal weapons possession and that 2nd ammendment really pisses off the UN to no end. The only other two countries that are that as open are Israel and Switzerland, both at extreme opposite ends of the 'peaceful' graph.
Even the axis powers during WWII were in a quandry about what they would do if they ever did invade north america as were the russians during the cold war.

I think in a roundabout way you just said that it didn't matter whether guns were legal in a country...people are still going to have them. ;)

Back