• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You know you own/drive a XJ when...

You rubberneck at any lifted XJ you pass on the road.

x2.

Also: comparing the percentage of XJ drivers who return a wave vs. those in a TJ, YJ, WJ, or ZJ.

some green TJ on a massive lift, big street tires on chrome rims, with blingy offroad lights on a roof rack and the bumper and the windshield frame waved at me driving my ratty MJ a while ago.

I was shocked to say the least.

some green TJ on a massive lift, big street tires on chrome rims, with blingy offroad lights on a roof rack and the bumper and the windshield frame waved at me driving my ratty MJ a while ago.

I was shocked to say the least.

Tell me about it. I got a wave from a stock height JK with roof rack lights.
Didnt feel right. I generally only wave to other XJs. Or beat to crap Wranglers.

when ya stop & talk to another xj-er just to talk about where he got the stickers from/club they belong to. if the xj is lifted or not. and the trail "up-grades" on the rig ;)

When you go to some random event, and feel guiltily like you should know any and all XJs there...

I also have to check out all other real Jeeps on the road with me. And it's funny when I do it from ground level (Mitsu Mirage); Suspension check, anyone?

And when you drive a friend's Jeep down a crowded freeway, and get a text from another Jeeper friend asking if you're driving a red Jeep today.

Or when you get a text from someone saying "where are you going?", and it's another XJer friend (incognito in a pickup truck) behind you on the road, 50 miles from home.

Uh, of course, er, living in the state of CA, where texting while driving isn't just dangerous it's illegal, I never find these things out til I get home. Yeah, that's it...

... one of the auto parts store guys walks into the gas station while you are paying because he recognized your jeep at the pump... and then asks where the other jeep is because he hasn't seen it in a while.

... when you pay $17.50 for 3 o-rings :wow:
When you know that the 3 o-rings someone (that you don't even know) randomly refers to are the ones for the Oil Filter Adapter...

you look out the window at it when it's raining & are reminded of the paint color it actually is, under the mud. :D

would rather be wrenching on it in the rain than heading to work.

When you're at the gas station, and the owner/mechanic comes out to ask questions about front axle u-joints, and which brand will keep the customer's car from coming back too soon...'I know you've probably had this problem, so what did you do to fix it?'

When your neighbor has a '96, and in 200k miles hasn't so much as changed the tranny fluid, and he starts asking you why certain things are starting to happen. Never mind the STOP signs he has for a floor! But, because it's a two door, he thinks it's desireable and will be worth a lot of money some day!

When you drive to the dealer to buy parts and the salesman actually stops to ask YOU questions.

This happened to me last week. The salesman even took a bunch of pics. So odd...

When you drive to the dealer to buy parts and the salesman actually stops to ask YOU questions.

This happened to me last week. The salesman even took a bunch of pics. So odd...

they call me when someone comes in with an XJ and they dont know whats wrong with it :D

I do work there though, maybe that's why :D

I think I have one to add, but it may just be me being a cheap/lazy bastard...

When you intentionally tailgate an 18 wheeler in the rain on the interstate and think, "Sweet!! This'll save me 5 bucks at the spray'n'wash!"

When you intentionally tailgate an 18 wheeler in the rain on the interstate and think, "Sweet!! This'll save me 5 bucks at the spray'n'wash!"

You are clearly from Tennessee

I think I have one to add, but it may just be me being a cheap/lazy bastard...

That don't work here in vegas. I've been here 8 months and only seen 9 days of rain (so aint got much mud to wash off neither)

I just tailgate 'em and think "Sweet!! This'll save me 5 bucks at the gas station!"

Last edited:
Back