• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xtreme xj build with Ian Johnson

just watched the second half. it was pretty cool to see rausch in some of the pics.

also that thing is a beast! im guessing its in Binghamton with you? not bloomingburg?

just watched the second half. it was pretty cool to see rausch in some of the pics.

also that thing is a beast! im guessing its in Binghamton with you? not bloomingburg?

Yea it's at my place in whitney point

The video of it wheelin was in TN but some of the pics from my old xj was from Rausch

I have a small list of things I need too so too it but it's ready to wheel as is
List is:
Upgrade motor mounts (brown dog super kit)
Get harnesses for the front seats
Install the matching rear bench
More cage work

And in the distant future 4.7 stroker, I can't see doing a v8 swap with the 4 link already worked around the 4.0 oil pan

OK. And the pics of the guys from one the groups that helped had a lot of pics at RC. Like shoot the moon. And rock creek. And even one at the comp course.

I'm not sure. But it looks like the cage they did is only a b piller hoop that ties back into the shock hoops?

Wheeled it the whole rest of the day just fine, chop and cage

, we are gunna chop the roof of cage it with 140+ feet of .120 wall dom and probably removable roof skins

This is basically what the plan is just with a lot more tube. Needs more triangulation in the roof and bracing behind the front and rear seats for harness's

Atlas protection would be good too

Planned it's easy too do, if you loom at the bottom
Of the jeep which I so nicely put on display there is a piece of dom that runs from the front link mount to the rear, run some
Dom tube across that bolt aluminum up, bam skid plate

Going to try to make three removable aluminum roof sections on the cage, I know we won't get a watertight seal but it's not even street driven so not a huge deal

Planned it's easy too do, if you loom at the bottom
Of the jeep which I so nicely put on display there is a piece of dom that runs from the front link mount to the rear, run some
Dom tube across that bolt aluminum up, bam skid plate

Going to try to make three removable aluminum roof sections on the cage, I know we won't get a watertight seal but it's not even street driven so not a huge deal

something above your head is a great idea in case you roll onto a pointy rock

From the first pic I was expecting it to be way worse.

It's no big deal, it was going to happen eventually considering the trails it belonged on.

It happened a little sooner then when I wanted

I look forward to the cage work

Back