• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Tube Doors

I've sold many of their sliders, the plastic caps are a nice finish to them and frankly I don't understand what the big deal is. Some people weld the ends on, others put plastic caps in. It does nothing to affect the performance.

Technically depending on wall thickness a welded cap will keep the outer ends of the tube from deforming with hard hits. I wish we could get away with plug caps because the whole welding and grinding the end caps adds a lot to the process. It does make them more water tight being welded though.

Technically depending on wall thickness a welded cap will keep the outer ends of the tube from deforming with hard hits. I wish we could get away with plug caps because the whole welding and grinding the end caps adds a lot to the process. It does make them more water tight being welded though.

Right, depending on wall thickness. ;) It also depends on where they're hit, whether they're going to distort the ends. I've not seen a set of their sliders fold like a taco because of a plastic cap. There's a lot of speculation and armchair engineering in this thread by folks who have never laid eyes or hands on the product. :wave: I'm not calling it the best by any stretch, just pointing out that things aren't as bad as some would make them seem.

Right, depending on wall thickness. ;) It also depends on where they're hit, whether they're going to distort the ends. I've not seen a set of their sliders fold like a taco because of a plastic cap. There's a lot of speculation and armchair engineering in this thread by folks who have never laid eyes or hands on the product. :wave: I'm not calling it the best by any stretch, just pointing out that things aren't as bad as some would make them seem.

i have no worrie about them and i think they will hold up just fine. structuraly the stuff is good just the workmanship is a little shotty IMO.

i have there front winch bumper, rear "Rock crawler" bumper, sliders, tuber doors and D30 diff cover. The rear bumper was the only install that went smothly. but it is not what i expected by far. all peices have things on them that dont make me happy or incorect welding.

Bronze.

i have no worrie about them and i think they will hold up just fine. structuraly the stuff is good just the workmanship is a little shotty IMO.

i have there front winch bumper, rear "Rock crawler" bumper, sliders, tuber doors and D30 diff cover. The rear bumper was the only install that went smothly. but it is not what i expected by far. all peices have things on them that dont make me happy or incorect welding.

Bronze.

Haha OK have fun when those things Taco. You say they have these on their site? I am going to see the specs on them real quick but I have more faith in JCR rails myself.

Haha OK have fun when those things Taco. You say they have these on their site? I am going to see the specs on them real quick but I have more faith in JCR rails myself.

i will enjoy them much:rof:and all they cost me was some labor. ha ha whatd u say u paid for thoes jcr's...

i would rather pay for the JCR quality than get a turd for free. i have plenty of turds and most have corn in them. hey, if you peel back the wp plastic caps are there pieces of corn in there too?

i will enjoy them much:rof:and all they cost me was some labor. ha ha whatd u say u paid for thoes jcr's...

300 bucks shipped. Well worth the price! The driver side one took a wheel/Mercedes( wheel was jammed into the floor board and stopped when it hit the rail which kept the tire from breaking my ankles) hit at 50 mph and only bent the pinch seam mount. I'll just cut it off and weld a new one on! How much is the MSRP on those Rails?

Go ahead and run what you want I don't care but even you said you were not so happy with the quality of WP stuff. why would you run toothpick Mall crawler sliders? I think you would have a better chance with 2x4's...Just sayin' :D

edit: just checked at Q-tec those things are 295 before shipping :roflmao: At least you got them for a little labor!

Last edited:
Back