• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Tube Doors

A little birdie told me that we might have tube doors in our Black Friday sale this week.

You bunch of bastards have me drooling all the time on your site, being in college and broke as a joke make it tough to buy stuff though :) I'd just like to say that your products are awesome!!!! LOVE the upper quarter guards with integrated taillight boxes, those will grace my XJ in the spring as well as whatever else i can freakin afford from you all. :)

I know the pic is'nt great but... hese are on my daughters '93.
thumbnail.aspx

Last edited:
thumbnail.aspx
thumbnail.aspx
Two more so-so pics. 1.5x.120 wall HREW, OEM latch, double click- rattle free. I build 'em for XJ (4d), TJ, JK (2d & 4d) and YJ currently.

Personally, I'm considering pulling the fenders and mounting a set of TJ fenders with some blocks to keep the bolts from pulling through the sheet metal. Then just make a triangular sheet metal plate to cover where the factory mirror's were on the doors.

I'm planning on getting a sound bar from the jy and mounting it up front to relocate the door speakers. As for the dome light switches, there are a ton write up's for modding them. Lastly, if you want to be able to put your doors back on in the future, get some marine terminals/connectors for your door wires.

Wp isnt the best place to get your stuff. expencive and the craftsmanship isnt the greatist. also if you have any problems with the product dont expect them to care, or help out. been there one that... you "may" get lucky.
Bronze

Really? They prototyped a set of late model doors on my XJ last year and I love them.

IMG_3140-2.jpg

IMG_3241-1.jpg

DSCN0467.jpg

-Alex

Really? They prototyped a set of late model doors on my XJ last year and I love them.

-Alex

yeah the doors are ok. but if you bend over and look at the level of the door. the tubes arnt parelell(W/E) to the rocker. they sit at a funny angle.and the top pins 90* off above the top of the fenders.(causes scraches every time i install/remove them. also i had the wrong paddels sent to me for them. had to modify, couldent get them to fix in a resanable amount of time.

i have a bunch of there stuff on my xj now and had problems with most of the fidiment D/T poor QC and welding issues, on most of the product. crapy powercoat co. too "no metal prep" i was really disapointed and knew the did lots of buisness with ppl on the forum.

who would have thaught?!?

Bronze.

Someone posted a picture of some WP rock sliders.... and i threw up in my mouth a little bit. They use plastic caps.... like you would see on a cheap peice of exercise equipment.

i looked on their site, but they dont list a price (probably a good thing, im sure theyre waay more then jcr, aj's or any other comparable QUALITY product...)

Someone posted a picture of some WP rock sliders.... and i threw up in my mouth a little bit. They use plastic caps.... like you would see on a cheap peice of exercise equipment.

i looked on their site, but they dont list a price (probably a good thing, im sure theyre waay more then jcr, aj's or any other comparable QUALITY product...)

I've sold many of their sliders, the plastic caps are a nice finish to them and frankly I don't understand what the big deal is. Some people weld the ends on, others put plastic caps in. It does nothing to affect the performance.

it does EVERYTHING to make em look like shit though.

you could sell a million, theyres still waaaay better alternatives on the market.

sinse you sell them, how much do they run? i'd love to know.
plastic does not belong on the undercarriage of a modified jeep...

...would/do you run them? lol

I've sold many of their sliders, the plastic caps are a nice finish to them and frankly I don't understand what the big deal is. Some people weld the ends on, others put plastic caps in. It does nothing to affect the performance.

Are you trolling this evening? :D The thing i don't like about the WP sliders other than the plastic caps is that they are probably half as thick as any other rail and the support legs look like toothpicks! I can't imagine them doing well against a rock!

Back