• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj to an mj

DSC_7618.JPG

Okay, so today i moved the entire crossmember forward 4 inches to make room for the coilovers. This also allows a better approach angle, unfortuantly it does make me more suceptable to high centering but ill show you whats in store to help slide things along later.. thats why i have got the new mill :p I was able to fab up some .375 lower coilover mounts put two bends in to lower the mount down alittle to make room for the 16" coilovers.. So at 7.5" of lift i have 6" up travel and 10" down travel.. or in otherwords 2/3 comp 1/3 uncomp.. so very happy about that.. I will have to poke some holes through the hood to fit the coilovers and resis.. looks sick tho.. really stoked with how this is coming out.. i also got some used seats that fit me super nice, so i will fit them then when its time ill have them redone... there super faded... also have to decide weather to run the five or four points ... hmm ... maybe tomarrow i will mount the seats and belts... have to get the truck rolling agian so i need to finish up the pass mount and let her sit back down..

sweet dude, looks sick. 16" coilovers.... i assume on all 4 corners eventually? holy flexors batman!
i had those same seats in my mustang, they did fade really quick i noticed. mine were red, turned pink within a year or 2. if you can take the covers off, just throw them in some clothing dye maybe. i do recall trying to take them off and giving up though lol

Yes eventually... Lol thanks man.. yea I am going to give them tk my buddy in az and have him re do them when he builds the canvas top ...

SPECS:
1993 jeep cherokee 4.0 H.O.
5 speed
np 231 hd chain, Rugged Ridge super short sye
Custom driveshafts spicer parts
d30 for now with aussie locker, 488s and alloys
d44 488s and aussie locker
ruff stuff one ton custom steering setup 1.25 .25 wall dom
ruff stuff hiems for custom track bar 1.25 .25 wall dom
front axle, long arms and trans crossmember have been moved forward 4 inches to fit coilovers and better aproach angle.
cage work is 1.5 .125 wall DOM. hybrid exo
rear has obviously been made into a truck bed... the tailgate is removable and will have a custom canvas top made for the rear...
truck will be bedlined in Military dark green with black accents

electronics:
301x 4channel
501bd mono
10" rocked fosgate punch 1000w in vented box
stinger and fosgate wiring.
infinity comps and refs...5.25
200 amp battery isolater
dual optimas
three battery disco's
pioneer deck dual usb inputs
samsung tablet for gps tracking and mapping
headlights: trucklite 5x7 led dot approved
turns/brakes/reverse all superbrightled ovals
bumpers
front is a prototype for dirtbound offroad, hidden winch with dropout removable crossmber.
rear is another winch bumper with a removable center section for access to winch
sliders are .188 wall bent at 60 degress welded on top of exssiting rocker.. may cut out later for boatsides.. not sure yet...

TO DO LIST
fuel cell
rear 4 link
new front driveshaft or lengthin.
new 5 core stagger row forklift radiator
swap crate motor 4.0
motor mounts
meth injection
seat mounts
wiring
paint
hydro steering
new wheels less backspace
sway bars
dzus fasteners for hood
mount wink mirror
exhaust
intake
alignment
new windshield
second winch
canvas top
possible rear bench seat
GO AND FIND THE BIGGEST STUFF TO PLAY AROUND ON
smile.gif

progress.gif

vanimal, so far just doing a dry run the radius arms are working perfect.. technically its a radius three link.. but it works nice props to iron rock on these arms..
Boostwerks.. I may be building a turbo motor here soon.. i know you are know to be the man to talk to. hope to be talking to you soon about this soon.. and thank you for the compliment.. cant wait to go wheeling with this bad boy...

cool, so basically it's how i used to run mine, which worked fine for the most part. I just eventually turned it into a true 3 link.
lsx swap > boosted i6 :D

Back