• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ tail light boxes, Now taking orders!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
kndrewa said:
happy holidays tail light box ordering friends!

suppose these will ship before the new year?

i may be moving to vancouver for work..

..would hate to have them shipped here with nobody to claim them.

Everything will be in the new manufacturers hands this week.. If all is well with Demo's we will be rolling into production shortly.. I just want to make sure you get the best product..

Dave

We will be getting more then 10 in so those that haven't bought in yet will have a chance to purchase them..

Dave

AZXJ said:
I'll post up an update monday..
Dave,

Today is Thursday. Still no update. Some have been patiently waiting. Some not so patiently. Some of us have run out of time.

IMG%5D
100_4426.jpg

What's the status? I know that finding a sheet metal bender that can manufacture the boxes in quatities small enough to still make a profit is likely impossible. While it's admirable that you step up to fill a tiny market niche, it's less admirable that you string us along for more than six months.

I recognize that you're the only game on the planet, but my junk has been sitting in my driveway since Calico waiting for some word from you... ANY word from you! I need to either buy another assembly from Quadratec to tide me over or wait some more for you to deliver. But I'm anuable to make an informed decision without information from you.

So, I beseach you Dave, to please update us. Now!

Andy

I guess I will make it offical.

I am working with Dan from Roughstuff specialties to manufacture the tail light boxes. Dan builds top notch products and will be able to help us maintain a level of quality that our previous local source couldn't do.
These things do take time, dealing with other companies manufacturing schedules isn't easy. We are at thier mercy.. I have tried to keep everyone up to date on the status. I realize that some folks are unhappy with the time it has taken. I appologize, I have also publicly stated. If your not happy and want your money back I will issue a refund.

As of Today, We have been through CAD and are waiting at the lazer. We should have a proto after christmas. Once the Proto comes in we will make sure everything meets our standards. If it does't meet our quality standards we are done. I will issue refunds to everyone that has orderd.

Your right Andy, I am one of the last trying to keep XJ products alive.. Most minor and major manufacturers are dropping XJ product lines. The TJ's, and JK's have taken over and sadly the XJ after market will dwindle away over time..

I will post a picture of the Proto's as soon as they are in my hands.

For now, I wish you all a Merry Christmas, and I thank you all for your patients.

Happy Holidays
Dave
480-288-4213
[email protected]

Update this week is: We are Between CAD and Lazer.. :cheers:

84-96's will be a snap!! 97+'s are taking more work..

We appreciate your patients.

Dave
480-288-4213

AZXJ said:
Update this week is: We are Between CAD and Lazer..

Excellent. I assume that means you might see a prototype before Christmas?

84-96's will be a snap!! 97+'s are taking more work..

Oh well. So much for that early prediction...

AZXJ said:
97+'s are taking more work..

sweet, its better you get them solid rather than shipping a poor quality product.
i have moved to canada, is this going to change my shipping price>?

-andy in vancouver bc

hey,

I am looking forward to a kickass product, we all definitely want quality products, and I am willing to wait.....but....

i hope you made a bunch of extras....i am willing to bet that there are many others like myself that did not place an order because they did not want to be on a waiting list for a year.

when i see a few of these ship, i would love to buy a set.

-Tim

jeepnuts311 said:
hey,

I am looking forward to a kickass product, we all definitely want quality products, and I am willing to wait.....but....

i hope you made a bunch of extras....i am willing to bet that there are many others like myself that did not place an order because they did not want to be on a waiting list for a year.

first you say you are willing to wait....and then you mention you didn't want to be on a waiting list for a year.....WTF

you can thank those of us who put up the money and will be waiting for almost a year for these things.....

IntrepidXJ said:
first you say you are willing to wait....and then you mention you didn't want to be on a waiting list for a year.....WTF

you can thank those of us who put up the money and will be waiting for almost a year for these things.....

ok. thank you Randy.

I am willing to wait... maybe by the time i am ready to buy a set these things will exist..until then, hes not gettin my money.

im not going to give my money to somebody before they make a product, what happens if it all falls thru? we barely hear from the guy....he doesn't even have my money and it concerns me for you guys

I run a business and you have to spend money to make money, so if you plan on making a new product (or improving on something existing) then you go out on a limb and make it and try to sell it....sometimes you make a killing and sometimes you end up wasting some money. Its called being an "entrepreneur" :soapbox:

-Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back