• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ NAMED OLIVE

XJOLIVE

NAXJA Forum User
SO HELLO ALL!!! Well all in the NW chapter. I have wanted an XJ for years since i was a wee little $H!T, Growing up my parents told me i had to buy my first car BLAH BLAH BALH no gives two poops about my life story. Long of the short now that im 27 live on my own and have the money i can finally start my project!! Her name is Olive she ruff around the edges but straight as a whistle!
I picked Olive because she is red and old I got it from the old cartoon Popeye that was his GF's name So when my xj is bad i call her Olive Oil, some of you might be to young to understand.

the day i got her

I picked up some 33x12.5x15 at a yard sell for 75 bucks my buddy drove by and saw them and said there 31's so i was thinking sweet but since i drove to go get them i picked them up anyways.

I was out at my shop and theres this nice retaining wall so i had to check the flex on her.

not bad for stock Right?!?!

so since it has no carpet at all i went ahead a rhino lined the back with some cheap auto part store role on kind. it wont last long but its cheap enought that i can always put more on.

took her up in the hills for the first time to see how she would perform, so i had to take a picture of my two ladies.

got bored one day and made a bumper nothing to special and still a work in progress.

took her up in the hills for some more off road abuse to see if she would fail and sure enough i had to call her Olive Oil, she dumped tranny fluid everywhere. Dang it!!! oh well i found one for 100 bucks easy enough fix and not to hard on the pocket.

after a long tow home and brakes almost catching fire a few times. i get her in the shop and come to find out after i bought the tranny that it was just a trans cooler line that got pinched and had a hole in it.

continued.....

well i ordered a 4.5 RC lift and put it in the day i got it lol it was like christmas or a child in a candy store!!!
Rear Done

all done

All clean and with a face lift.

flexing looks a little better.

That is basically how she sits right now. there are many more updates to come. so hold on and sit tight because this is going to be a wild ride.:wow:

looks good man. one thing though... is the rear bumper only secured by the stock mounting points? that won't hold up. most guys run it through the frame rail and mount it using the holes in the rail for the tow hitch.

looks good man. one thing though... is the rear bumper only secured by the stock mounting points? that won't hold up. most guys run it through the frame rail and mount it using the holes in the rail for the tow hitch.

yeah just for right now i didnt have any flat plate but its soon to come.

You're off to a great start!
Thats going to be a decent platform to continue to build off of.
Welcome aboard, and hope to see you around!

Thanks guys. I am enjoying every minute of it so far! Nothing new in an up date but I did go play in a mud bog event this weekend that was fun!
hu3yby4y.jpg

sanynajy.jpg

Back