• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Must Go, Best Offer - Ontario Canada

PuckNuts

NAXJA Forum User
For Sale: 1992 Jeep Cherokee Limited
London, Ontario

After all the time and money I have invested in the Cherokee I regret having to sell it. I simply do not have the means to repair it in this weather and I need another vehicle. This Jeep was a hobby at first and it became my daily driver in the last couple of months since my wife returned to work. Since all of he modifications, this Jeep has seen very little mileage.

More pictures and detail below:

DSC03059.jpg

Engine: 4.0L HO, 6000km on rebuild
Transmission: AW4
Transfer Case: NP242
Front Axle: Dana 30 High Pinion, Non-disconnect 3.55:1
Rear Axle: Dana 35C 3.55:1

Body: 4-Door, body and paint done in 2003. All repairs with new metal, have pictures of the process. Floors were replaced in 2004, welded in, no screws, 16 guage steel. Have pictures as well. The overall condition of the body now is good to very good. The paint really shines but there is some bubbling on the door bottoms. The roof line, gutters are excellent. Tailgate is very good but has a chip from a recent mishap. Damage includes; right rear taillight, rear bumper, right rear bumper end, small crease in rear quarter where it meets the taillight, passenger side mirror, front bumper, right front bumper end, right front bumperette, grill. I think the right front signals are fine as well as the headlight and bezal but I haven't had it apart.

Suspension: Rusty's Offroad 4.5" lift with full leaf packs. This kit yielded closer to 6" but has settled nicely to around 5". Rusty's fixed lower control arms have also been installed. This lift also has an adjustable track bar with a TRE to the stock Jeep frame mount. A heavy duty mount with a bushing end is available from Rusty's. The shocks are too stiff for my liking but I relly like the lift. It would likely house 33" rubber with minimal rub but certainly handles the 31"s with ease. This kit flexes really well in front while disconnected and the rear isn't bad and will likely get better with some more miles on the lift. The flex test was performed on an ashphalt loading ramp since I never even had a chance to get this Jeep offroad! Breakover angles and clearance are really impressive, I don't have numbers but I am astonished! I was lucky enough to drive through some really deep snow in December when London got blasted. Walked right through 40" of snow without hesitation... ohhh, good times!

Rims and Rubber: These are essentially new, there is still that blue protective coating on the raised lettering. Tires are Goodyear MTR's 31x10.5x15 on 15x7 Jeep Grizzly rims. Rims are mint, balanced on the inside to prevent scratching the clear coat.

Exhaust: Exhaust manifold is original and has been welded where they are prone to crack. It was repaired when the engine was rebuilt. The front pipe is original but the flange at the converter gave up. A new section was welded in and new flange. Catalytic converter is original and in good condition. Everything behind the cat was replaced including hangers. Emmision should be fine, passed last test with flying colours and the exhaust was replaced after that. The lateset emissions data is available on request.

Brakes: Front brakes were done and might have 2000 kms on them. Rotors, calipers, pads and hardware. Front lines are original and have been strightened to allow axle droop. Rear brakes were new in November and might 500 kms on them. New hard brake lines from the master cylinder back to a new Dakota (longer than XJ stock) flex line to accomodate the lift. New hard lines on the axle, new wheel cylinders, shoes, drums and hardware. Also, new Jeep YJ (2xpass. side) e-brake cables, much longer than XJ cables. This brake setup will probably accomodate and extra 2" of lift before getting into custom lines.

Interior: Leather power seats. Drivers seat has lots of cracking but no cuts, Passenger seat is is okay. Rear seats are fine. Full console with cupholders. Overhead console. Wood grain dash applique. Headliner was next on the list for replacement. Steering column will need replacing and the wheel is really worn.

The unknowns: The rad is leaking. I suspect the front end damage may include; rad, condenser, rad cradle, vacuum canister (inside the bumber). The hood does not open but I don't think that will be much to overcome. The hood latches were removed to be replaced as they were sticky prior to the front end damage. I suspect the only thing preventing the hood from opening is the centre safety latch. Upper cowl damage at the base of the windshield is present so I suspect hinges might be buckled. Fenders do not appear to have sustained any damage and the hood looks straight. Assume the worst and anything else will be a bonus.

Also included:
1 Jeep Grizzly rim in excellent condition, no tire.
1 Jeep Grizzly rim in excellent condition with a nearly new Goodyear GSA
4 Jeep Limited gold interlace rims, need reconditioning
1 Mopar front skid plate, excellent condition
1 Mopar t-case skid plate, excellent condition
1 Mopar gas tank skid, excellent condition
1 Used alternator, used, worked when removed
2 Vent windows, working, need clean-up
4 Manual window regulators 2 front, 2 rear.
2 New D30 front hubs (L/R)
1 Reese Class III hitch, nearly new with hardware and wiring

In my estimation, this Cherokee will need sway bar links and lights repaired to pass safety. Steering is tight, brakes and exhaust are done, windshild is good. Emissions test should be no problem given the rebuilt engine all e-sensors are functioning and new(er) exhaust. The last test was a breeze.

I have tried to be as forthcoming and factual as possible to maximize my return and to prevent wasting your time. I'd rather you inspected the Jeep yourself than take my word for it but I hope this detail can weed out dreamers. I think this is an easy fix for someone with a little know-how and a place to do it. I don't have a place, the time or the mobility (bad arm) to do it.

I am happy to entertain all reasonable offers, awswer any questions and send more pictures. I would also consider selling it without the new rims and rubber or without the lift for those looking for a real deal... I'm not out of the Jeep thing forever! Try an offer, I won't be insulted -it's part of negotiating and I'm in a bind.

Brian
[email protected]

Dsc02053.jpg

DSC03173.jpg

DSC03174.jpg

DSC03175.jpg

DSC03176.jpg

DSC03180.jpg

DSC03177.jpg

DSC03181.jpg

DSC03182.jpg

Last edited:
Holy cow man, finally a local!! Seems everyone is from California on here! That looks like the snow storm of Dec of this year! Awesome pic! So what are you expecting for that rig and will you be willing to part it out? Looks great but not in the market for another project rig right now. pm me if you like. Also have another xj if you have any intention on a trade let me know.

Last edited:
Yep, that was our December dusting. This picture was around 1 AM at the kids school. I took the shot and emailed the principal "See you in the morning". We got probably another 6-8" by morning. I went through the school parking lot and left a wake of snow like a boat going though water. What a blast!
I'll shoot you a PM by morning, I have to have dinner and go to work.
DSC03062.jpg

Back