• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ buggy, V8, 1-tons, 42"s, etc.

Gotlift01

NAXJA Forum User
As much as it pains me to do this, I have some more important things in life coming up that take major priority over this thing, so it's time to grow up and sell the toy.

Here are the specs:
1988 2-door XJ

Motor: ( Estimated roughly 450hp)
383 Stroker / 10.9:1 Compression
KB122 pistons
Comp 260H cam
Edelbrock performer RPM manifold
Edelbrock 64cc Aluminum heads
Aluminum valve covers
Pro Comp 1.6 stainless roller rockers
ARP studs
FAST EZ EFI fuel injection system ( fuels up to 550hp ) http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FST-30227-KIT/
FAST fuel regulator
Brand new Walbro GSL392 fuel pump
22 gallon JAZ fuel cell ( no sender for gauge )
Camaro exhaust manifolds
Griffin Aluminum radiator ( dual 1.5 core )
Dual SPAL fans
Flowmaster 44 muffler

Transmission:
Built TH400
2400 stall
B&M ratchet shifter
B&M deep pan

Transfer case:
203/205 doubler
Triple sticked

Axles:
Front/
1979 Ford Kingpin D60
5.13 gears w/ spool
Alloy 35 spline shafts
Spicer 806X joints
Warn Premium hubs
Ballistic Fab diff cover

Rear/
14 bolt
5.13 gears w/ spool
Stock shafts
Ballistic Fab diff cover

Brakes:
1980 F350 Dual piston calipers ( Used front & rear )
1980 F350 rotors ( Used Front & Rear )
1980 E350 Master Cylinder
Manual Line lock ( Rear brakes )
Braided stainless lines (front & rear)

Suspension:
Front/
Double triangulated 4-link
Uppers built out of 1.5" 120 wall DOM w/ 7/8" heims & poly bushings
Lowers built out of 2.25" 3/8" wall DOM w/ 1.25" heims & poly bushings

Rear/
Double triangulated 4-link
Uppers built out of 1.5" 120 wall DOM w/ 1.25" heims & poly bushings
Lowers built out of 2.25" 3/8" wall DOM w/ 1.25" heims & poly bushings

ADS Coilovers on the front ( 2.5" body, 16" travel; 5" up & 11" down )
Fox air shocks 16" travel on the rear

Steering:
Full Hydro steering
1.5" single ended ram w/ 8" stroke
1.5 DOM w/ 7/8" rod ends
'79 Chevy pump w/ modified internals
Orbital valve from a forklift

Tires:
(4) 41.5"x13.50x17 Pitbull Rocker Radials
(4) 17x9 w/ 3.5" backspace Spyderlock Beadlocks

**Tires are virtually brand new. Still have some of the hairs on the sidewalls. They've seen maybe a total of 8 trails. Same with the beadlocks. They however do have some rock rash on them, nothing major though.

Interior:
(2) Beard suspension seats
Crow harnesses
Gauge cluster has been removed and aftermarket gauges have been installed ( RPM, Water temp, oil pressure, volts )
Switches for ignition, electric fans, rock lights, etc.
Battery disconnect switch w/ removable key ( this serves as the ignition key. The one in the column does nothing but lock/unlock the steering wheel )
Floor has been completely redone due to the tranny and tcase combo. The floor and dog house are skinned w/ aluminum
There is currently no windshield or windshield wipers

This has been a ton of fun to have. I've only owned it since July, but I've wheeled it as many times as I could...and it's been phenomenal! Truly a point and shoot rig. Has a butt load of power. It honestly doesn't need anything to go out and enjoy. It has been wheeled, therefore it has dents, scratches, dented tub, etc. If you are looking for a show Jeep, this isn't the one.

I have a title for it, however, it's not what I would consider street legal. No windshield, full hydro steering, no mirrors, etc...it'd be a pretty big cop magnet. I never licensed it and therefore never tried to pass emissions with it. I have no doubt the motor would pass....but the visual check for equipment probably won’t fly; no catalytic converter or other smog equipment. This is being sold as a trail buggy, therefore if you want to license it and drive it, all additional equipment and expense is 100% on you. I just want that to be clear!

I'm looking for serious offers only. If you are serious, I'd love to show it to you....if you are not, and just want to look at it and kick the tires...please don't waste my time. I'm far to busy right now to play show and tell.

I'm going to start asking $13,000 obo. I may entertain trades on lesser built Jeeps plus cash my way. ( Not looking for any more XJ's!! ) ( Pics to follow )

Last edited:
Back