• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ '90 by Codec

dvjcodec

NAXJA Forum User
Hi NAXJA members. I want to show my Cherokee. All modifications made ​​myself

XJ Spec:
- 4.0L automatic with 242 transfer case
- front axle Dana30
- rear axle Nissan Patrol 4.2D with factory pneumatic diff-lock, 40mm axle diameter and disk brakes
- lift 4"
- rear 4-link, long arm setup with springs
- front long arm setup Y
- flares made myself using gelcoat and LPS
- boots 35" Kumho KL71MT

XJ after purchase

After modyfications

Modyfications
imageshack web player
http://img856.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=36284110.jpg

Flex test

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

looking good, I like the front flare work, reminds me of the bumpers rise industries builds for full size trucks. :thumbup:

any more pics of the rear link setup?

few pictures are with nissan patrol rear axle, and few pictures with original D35 axle. flex was really good, but after few small offroad accidents I was decide to rebuild cherokee's body: cut front, cut end, put the cooling fan on the back, and put my hybrid axles. Nissan's axle is a really strong axle, but is really heavy and has a low space under diff - 35's are really minimum for this setup. rear hybrid axle was build using Mitsubishi's components. front and rear with pneumatic diff-locks, ratio 4.3, front and rear disk brakes. at now I have almost finished rear axle. Part of the body will be build using 1 3/4" pipes

when will be finished, maybe will look like this (photoshop edit)

Last edited:
there is some nifty stuff going on here. interested in how that rear axle works out

Back