• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ #10

DaveS98

NAXJA Forum User
Meh..ill start a build thread so you all know when I sell it in 2 weeks. As always, a walk through history of all the things ive owned and sold for profit and eventually end up regretting it. 2009-10ish I bought this thing (88 XJ bone stock)

Kept it for a year or so, painted it, swapped in a D44, gay lift, etc. Sold it looking like this:

Went and picked up this right before the 88 sold:

Threw a RE 4.5" lift and some JK wheels/tires on it. This is what it looked like before i traded it for a toyota:

I went full potato for a while:

Sold the Toyota, bought this heap of **** with like 80k on it.

Did some dumb stuff to it:

Traded it for an equally dumb TJ:

Sold the TJ and pocketed lots of Benjamin's. Bought my first 2 door:

Decided it was too tall, lowered it:

Sold the 2 door to pay for my wedding, went a while with no Jeep and eventually went full potato again and bought a WJ:

Traded the 99WJ for this 91 YJ (full grandpa style)

Wheeled the YJ until its near death encounter, pictured here:

Sold the hard top, hard doors, and had like 1900 bucks in the YJ, traded for this thing:

Sold for 5k, so made about 3 grand off the YJ, decided to build a stocker:

Bought some things:

Got an offer to trade for a mint 4.0 TJ..of course I did:

Sold the TJ for 7k, making another 2500ish off this deal, bought this pile:

Thing sucked with the welded rear and worn suspension, sold it for what I had in it..found this cherry and bought it with thoughts of building it:

Bought lots of parts for it, and ended up trading it for a big dumb nissan:

Traded the nissan for a rusty YJ..cut all the rust out with help of a buddy, put armor on it:

Traded the YJ off for an 01 XJ with some garbage on it:

Traded the XJ for a nicely built TJ (4.88s, locked front and rear, etc etc):

Sold the TJ in August of 2015 and have been "Jeepless" since..aside from the 2007 Commander that was my wifes DD..We traded the Commander in on black friday for a 2016 KL Latitude (Wifes DD)

Up until yesterday (2/21/2016) ive been just sharing a vehicle with the wife since I work second..Decided that wasn't going to cut it any longer, which brings us to today...

Good buddy of mine agreed to hold his XJ for a few weeks till I could get the extra cash..picked this up from him yesterday.

2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Patriot Blue
4.0 AW4 NP231 (170k)
6.5" Lift (cannot determine coil or leaf brand) (Shocks have very large shafts and have a bumpstop built onto them...not sure what brand they are, but it floats over bumps)
RC Long Arms
AA SYE and custom driveshaft
Brand new 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s on Factory Grizzly Wheels
1.5" SpiderTrax Spacers

Decided to address the front fenders today. They were hacked up because the guy was about to install BW flats.

Started on the inner fender and got it smoothed down then did my first fender trim (I normally have my buddy do it because he had a more steady hand).

I think it came out pretty decent:

Inner fender (the pinch seam is laid completely flat on the inner fender)

Before:

After:

Angle grinder exploded so the backs will have to wait.

Threw some trim around the fender edge this morning.

Looking like we are going to have some nice weather this weekend so may see how well the XJ cleans up

Love the way you posted each of the jeeps and the commentary. Love the Patriot Blue!

Don't you have some flat flares?...

Yep, they are sitting in my garage, you can see them on the back table in some of the pics.

Ive already sold them though, just waiting on my buddy to come pick them up.
I concluded I would just ruin them in the rocks..so they are best to go to another jeep that doesnt see the trail very much.

Love the way you posted each of the jeeps and the commentary. Love the Patriot Blue!

I could have gone into more detail on each of the others..the first silver one i owned had quite a bit of work put into it..but again..i just wanted to get some documentation of my history out there.

Holy shit you go through vehicles fast. New one looks nice.

Also those are Ecco wheels, not Grizzlies. I only say that because I bought the wrong one for my spare before I realized the difference.

Yep, they are sitting in my garage, you can see them on the back table in some of the pics.

Ive already sold them though, just waiting on my buddy to come pick them up.
I concluded I would just ruin them in the rocks..so they are best to go to another jeep that doesnt see the trail very much.

But... you don't wheel.

Well last weekend I got the opportunity to clean the XJ fairly well (will be clay barred tomorrow).

The results are pretty satisfying..for 15 year old paint and something that was used as a work truck this thing is gorgeous. Patriot Blue is a disaster to keep clean, but man..when it's clean ��

Dropped in some 360* Cree reverse bulbs

And some Merica' on the fenders

So..some changes to come in a month or so if all goes as I suspect it will.

Ive found a buyer for the entire suspension setup under the XJ currently and should have a down payment for it this weekend...if that falls through I have several folks who want to buy the pieces individually which would come out to the $$$ I need to re-do everything as I want.

When I get the $ im going to order the following:

Rubicon Express 5.5" coils
Rubicon Express 1660 Double Sheer Adjustable TrackBar
Rubicon Express 1665 TrackBar Bracket
Rubicon Express Boomerang Shackle
HD Offroad Engineering Bolt on Relocaters

Going to keep the 2.2 shocks I have until I can afford what I want..which will be Fox 2.0 IFP Performance Remote resivors up front and 2.0 Standards out back.

Will be picking up a 3 link from Brian Lee at B. Lee's Offroad

Been contemplating my leaf setup..and to keep it cheap..and hopefully flexible have decided on the following:

Stock XJ leaf pack
RE 2.5" AAL
One Extra Long leaf out of an XJ pack
That should along with the shackle and relocaters put me around 5.5"

Back