• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB an XJ 6000 budget

krthatcher89

NAXJA Forum User
I live in Highland, mi and work in waterford.

I'm looking for something close to stock. It's gonna be a DD as well as my first light trail rig. I was planning on buying something stock, doing the RockLizard BB lift, and running 30"-31" tires, depending on if i want to retain the stock flares or not. I don't mind smaller lifts, but don't want bigger than 31" tires (yet). I have 6,000 to spend.

I would love to find one before I go up north on the weekend of may 6th, I'm going up north with some friends to camp and wheel. They all drive new Wranglers, so my neon doesn't fit in.

take your time and look around. on a $6k budget, you can get a damn nice jeep. Just watch out for dealerships. Their prices can be way off kilter compared to everything else out there.

Yeah, I've been to a couple dealerships. They had garbage, but they sure did make it a point to tell me that the 4.0L is bombproof. That doesn't mean a whole lot if the rest is garbage lol.

Thanks for the advice, my dad's going to check out a 2000 sport for me today (I'm working). Hopefully it's nice! I'm not really looking forward to riding my bike to work in all the rain we're supposed to get here this week.

I have a lead on a 99 XJ, 110k miles, bone stock, very clean, no rust. The guy just put a new radiator and a few other parts in it prior to a drive to Florida and back (from Northern Indiana) ...

He will be asking around $4000 for it. Its a deal.

After you plate it and pay uncle sam his dough, it has potential to be very sweet if you have $6000-

load them on photobucket and post the img tag

Back