• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: 96ish Cylinder Head or Motor

ty20404

NAXJA Forum User
Just bought a super clean 4L 4x4 Classic for 800 bucks with what I believe is a cracked cylinder head. Does anyone have a cylinder head or motor for sale? Either that or any information on where to look for a rebuilt cylinder head would be great! Thanks.

I have a used head. It was reman head that I ran for less then 200 miles before pulling for a Hesco head. It has been sitting in dry for over 10 years. If it is in as good of shape as the last time I checked it, then I take 150.00 for it and shipping.

Bill

I have a used head. It was reman head that I ran for less then 200 miles before pulling for a Hesco head. It has been sitting in dry for over 10 years. If it is in as good of shape as the last time I checked it, then I take 150.00 for it and shipping.

Bill

What year engine was the head from? I've heard there are different sensor/plug locations for different heads. Also, could you send a few pictures to tbhull (at) ncsu (dot) edu?

Btw: your inbox is full

Okay, I've done some more research, I'm looking for a 0630 head for my jeep. Preferably one with low miles or rebuilt.

Okay, pics will be great as well as that casting number. Where did you originally order the reman from?

I don't know. My wife had taken the jeep to Boaz, Alabama to shop the outlet stores there. The head opened up while there. I had to pay 600 to have it replaced. I say reman but honest can't remember if it was not reworked used head. It was a loooooong time ago. Which ever, it had a new valve job on it when I pulled it off. I ll give you a few more options too.

1 I'll guarantee it and you can pay half on when shipped and half when you get it. If not in excellent working order, just send it back and I refund all your money and shipping included. Do via paypal and I ll not claim funds to you see it, if they wait that long which they should.

2. I have some used heads that have been sitting out but not just rusted buckets. I can see how much it cost to check for cracks. Have one those those checked and sent for cost, inspection and shipping. I ll try to included what appears to be a set of re-workable valves and used springs and you can have it re worked up there

3. OR for cost plus a whole 10 dollars(about scrap price or really the cost of my gas to drive it there 20 miles for me), I ll have one reworked at O'reilys in Hartselle, Alabama(closest chain store with machine shop so you can verify anything if needed) and sent to you for cost. I ll pick one with good valves and send some extras springs and valves with it when re worked.

I ll let You can call on price estimates if you want to go with 2 or 3. And 2 or 3 might be your best option and guarantee you get a first class used head/w valve job. Just check things out and see which option works best/cheapest for you. It would save some worry on getting a good head.

Bill

Back