• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrecked 91 XJ for parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasteffens

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all!

First I want to apologize, I forgot I even had an account on NAXJA. I created one when my family first acquired our 1991 XJ when I was considering converting the A/C to OBA. Well, that idea didn't pan out. Life happened, my sister came to use the XJ more than anyone else and I have since gotten married and moved out.

This past new years, she was on her way to work and hit a slick patch of road she was not prepared for. So the front end was modified, again.

I did a lot of mechanical maintenance to it; gaskets, filters, brakes, etc. It was a good solid runner that got about 18-20 mpg in the summer.

It is my understanding that a lot of these XJs were destroyed with the "cash for clunkers" program. So we would rather sell it out right to someone who needs a parts donor.

It does run, but is too damaged to drive.

We would be asking $600 OBO for it. You would have to arrange for it to be picked up. Any questions, please feel free to ask. PM me with an email address that I may send you pictures of it. I don't think I can upload pictures with my low post count.

Thank you all in advance!

Hello all!

First I want to apologize, I forgot I even had an account on NAXJA. I created one when my family first acquired our 1991 XJ when I was considering converting the A/C to OBA. Well, that idea didn't pan out. Life happened, my sister came to use the XJ more than anyone else and I have since gotten married and moved out.

This past new years, she was on her way to work and hit a slick patch of road she was not prepared for. So the front end was modified, again.

I did a lot of mechanical maintenance to it; gaskets, filters, brakes, etc. It was a good solid runner that got about 18-20 mpg in the summer.

It is my understanding that a lot of these XJs were destroyed with the "cash for clunkers" program. So we would rather sell it out right to someone who needs a parts donor.

It does run, but is too damaged to drive.

We would be asking $600 OBO for it. You would have to arrange for it to be picked up. Any questions, please feel free to ask. PM me with an email address that I may send you pictures of it. I don't think I can upload pictures with my low post count.

Thank you all in advance!

Upload your pictures to www.photobucket.com It is free and you just copy the IMG code and post it here. Shoot me a PM if you can't figure it out and I'll help you out.

Wow, it has recently sold locally. I had not figured someone would want it so quick. Fortunately, it went to a family that has a bunch of XJs and a large shop to rebuild them.

Thank you for your time! My sister is on the search for another XJ to replace it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back