• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wounded Warrior Build The Raptured Duck buggy

Yeah, that was directed at the guys building the buggy.

I don't want to jump the gun before the OP chimes in, but if what it sounds like happened, did... there are going to be a LOT of very angry past and current servicemen who just happen to live in and around socal.

so what's up dude? sounds like the guy who gave you an awesome donation to your project had no idea you were selling it off?

174582eb7fe9443f5fc4a998b1a5ec7c7bff9827c42f68fddae52129a4f72418.jpg

Sounds like a Kamaran move....

I think many on here would like an explanation of this just so we don't get the impression you are pulling some wonky shit.

Without hesitation in black and white:

I donated the D60 to the wounded warrior project. It is now on Craigslist. If the D60 I donated is sold, the money should to go to the project verses lining someone's pockets.

End of story.

After reading the thread and how someone jacked them on one ton axles, I decided to donate (with honor)the D60 pictured. My daughter and I dropped it off at the shop.

Btw. I won't feel burned as long as $ goes into the project. There have been a few Wounded Warrior scams. While I don't think this is one of them, I'm sensitive over the issue.

Last edited:
Very disappointing

Damage is done. Even if they do plan to use the money towards the build, they should have first contacted the donor to let them know their intentions and how they plan to reallocate the funds.

Just good business.

My names Aj I'm the one that bought the axle from justin. I was originally considering using it on my build but decided to go a diffrent direction. I had no idea this was gunna bring up bad blood or start anything, if the guy who donated the axle would message me
Please I would like to clear things up and return the axle. I apologize for any misunderstanding I'm not trying to scam anyone or do anything I'm an infantry marine myself and have friends in wounded warriors. I'm just as excited about the build as anyone else. But just like anyone else I know
You find a axle for that cheap it's really
Hard to pass up on. I apologize and had no idea that this was even happening. I don't want a bad name on the build and don't want a bunch of
Pissed off people. If someone can please get me in
Touch with the original owner of the axle that would
Be extremely helpful

We have contacted Rozz and waiting on reply.

We decided we could not use the d60 unfortunately. We are using the proceeds to help develop the t-handle wheel for amputees. We are a 501(c3) foundation and track everything. No money is used "to line" anyone's pockets. Everyone assumes the worst, there are actually still a few people in the world trying to make a deference in lives. We saw this as an opportunity to get one of the biggest hurdles complete and shot for it. I apologize to the original donor, but I wasn't aware we need to contact anyone in the event it didn't work for our application. Aj's been kind enough to give the axle back to the donor if need be, we have already paid for the parts for the T- Handle, but I will personally cover the cost.

Everyone assumes the worst, there are actually still a few people in the world trying to make a deference in lives. We saw this as an opportunity to get one of the biggest hurdles complete and shot for it. I apologize to the original donor, but I wasn't aware we need to contact anyone in the event it didn't work for our application. Aj's been kind enough to give the axle back to the donor if need be, we have already paid for the parts for the T- Handle, but I will personally cover the cost.

Glad to hear that this had a happy ending, but you've got to admit how this looks bad to the guy who just gave you a free axle and doesn't know what your plans are to do with it.

Rozz just called
Me and we cleared everything up. I appreciate the guy who called
Me
And gave me the heads up

Last edited:
I spoke to both Aj and Justin, and we're all good. :thumbup:

The bottom line is that Justin sold the axle to Aj and used the proceeds for the project. :thumbup:

While he is aware of wounded warrior scams, rest assured they are not one of them.

They have received calls of support and from people and organizations that wish to donate funds to this project, but they have taken more of the "we take only what we need" approach to donations(preferably parts). Which is commendable.

It sounds like they'll have the rig ready and take a few vets to take to KOH2014.

He said he has a bunch of progress pics which we all hope to see posted later.

He sent me a little teaser of the front links being welded up.

agesypu6.jpg

It's a T- Handle steering wheel, throttle and brake that will be moveable to either side, it will also have a pivot point for one hand use in the event it needs to be controlled one handed. Kinda hard to explain, once we get it mounted ill shoot a short video to explain its operation.

[QUOTE=XXROZXX;246043609

It sounds like they'll have the rig ready and take a few vets to take to KOH2014.

He said he has a bunch of progress pics which we all hope to see posted later.

Yes I will do a huge update when I get a quick chance to set in front of the computer, we are under the gun to get this thing rolling for KOH, we are going to be taking a few guys to KOH. We will be out there with the toy hauler and a big group. Going to do a pot luck dinner Friday night, if you guys want to stop by.

Back