• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ front brakes

Mark Hinkley said:
Yes but with changes.

check out the orgsmfg.com wj knuckle info page.

http://www.orgsmfg.com/project/WJinfo.htm

mark

Hey, cool!

2. 5 on 5.5 Warn Hubs

1986 CJ 7 stock rotors. Per Warn's instructions. However,

Uncut. Don't follow Warn's instructions for machining the rotors.

Mill work: The knuckles, at the caliper mounting surface, must have machine work done to remove .130 (+/-.010) material. Must be machined flat. Please verify this on your setup prior to machining. The idea is to remove enough material to center the caliper on the rotor.

When installing the Warn kit, the included warn spacer, goes on last prior to the wheel, NOT WHERE WARN SAYS TO PUT IT. The Id of this spacer will need to be machined out to fit over the lip on the hub.

That is great and I REALLY wish I had read this page long before now.

It always bugged me with this kit that I would have to get a wear item (i.e. rotor) machined every time it needs to be replaced. This way, machine the knuckle once on install and forget about it. Just need to sell a few more parts trucks and the kit will be on its way. Woohoo!

r@m

Last edited:
Just curious - does anyone have a good measurement of what the WMS-WMS width ends up being with the WJ knuckles AND the WARN kit. Pretty esoteric combination I suppose but if I need to order 16" wheels it would be nice to get the BS right on the first go...

T!

r@m

Back