• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winterfest 2013 when?

JJ did just fine in the thunderstorm/hail/tornado while in a 'buggy'.

I'm thinking of showing this year.

What the f is a Beezil?

I wasn't too much on wheeling with creature comforts, but Harlan with AC and Sirius in comfy leather seats may have changed my opinion.

that and I'm not allowed to cut anything off her Jeep. :(

Last wf the weather sucked. :shiver: I abandoned the tent and slept in the xj. I woke up every hour on the hour thinking I was going to die (granted I was actually sick and on antibiotics). I eventually abandoned the xj and moved to the bathroom, which was much warmer, but around 5am I gave up the bathroom after I started getting weird looks. Next stop was McDonalds, which was the warmest yet and had coffee. Still camping next time though.

Last wf the weather sucked. :shiver: I abandoned the tent and slept in the xj. I woke up every hour on the hour thinking I was going to die (granted I was actually sick and on antibiotics). I eventually abandoned the xj and moved to the bathroom, which was much warmer, but around 5am I gave up the bathroom after I started getting weird looks. Next stop was McDonalds, which was the warmest yet and had coffee. Still camping next time though.

Order an electric blanket to plug into the jeep.

CAMP??!!! haha, Mac's trailer is considered camping?

Im tenting it. Bring one of those radiator oil heater. I am going to put an extra tarp over the tent and leave it run all day.

Who knows, it may be 70. I'd bring a winter coat and swimming trunks, just in case!

Flexd'Mac sleeps in a trailer with a bed, SeanR sleeps in the rolling Ramada'XJ

Last edited:
I will say that even Jennie appreciated the wienerbox last year when the winds approached 50 MPH.

it rocked a little.

I think the Attica Hotel rocked a little in those winds as well. I had the end room on the upper floor, where that wall blew out.

CAMP??!!! haha, Mac's trailer is considered camping?

Im tenting it. Bring one of those radiator oil heater. I am going to put an extra tarp over the tent and leave it run all day.

I've used a milk house heater each year with great success. Tent, jeep, uhaul trailer, all 60+ degrees (uhual reached 75!)... This year it will be tested in the truck bed. Not worring about packing up tents or wind this time around!

Jeep can brake too for all I care!

He'd have to show up first...

Back