• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

windrock in march

My wife was sucking seat on that tilt..
i was calm and collective.. having laid that jeep on its side once gets the fear out the way of what happens on a layover..

fun fun fun

mark

Yea, I was standing on the ridge behind you Mark and the back didn't look to promising either. Your rear driver was in a low area and your passenger rear was only getting higher. It was a good thing for everyone that we had so much man power, it made for some cool pics too!

Wow, what a beautiful two days of wheeling. I am so glad I was able to come up and play. I would like to say "Thank You" to everyone who help me winch out. I am so gald to have been able to meet everyone. I truly hope to see yall again. Well the old Toyota let me down, just a little bit but thats ok. A few months back a small group of us went up to Mt. Aetna and had a great day of wheeling as well, but on that trip I think I broke my front axle. Or I just hurt it some how. So I guess I was wheeling on brrowed time ! O well is all I can say, and sorry for holding yall up. Well I got it home in one piece and I took it to the farm last night. She even drove off the trailer. Well I put my jack on it to give it a little help and this is what happened !
taco2032.jpg

I am so glad she held together intill I got her home. Now thats true love.

taco2027.jpg

taco2028.jpg

taco2029.jpg

taco2031.jpg

taco2033.jpg

I think I will able to save the axle. I hope !

Wow... I'm glad that thing didn't come off when someone had their head underneath it!! Looks like it held together just long enough. I think the axle should be fine, you might need a new ujoint though haha. Exploded a super joint without the assistance of a locker, now thats something you don't see everyday.

I'm sure it was spinning when it landed and the tire just stopped and the driver was stuck too. The axle is fine i'm sure. $30 at PAP will get you another knuckle/spindle/caliper bracket, if it needs it. I know there are two waggys in lithonia. The shafts and ujoint are another story but sounds like the warranty should take care of it. As long as the inner C ball joint mount is fine she should be good.

well, forgot it was a flat top knuckle, so never mind. However the spindle and bracket are the same and wouldn't hurt to have a spare if you keep the 44 for a while. However I'm willing to bet the knuckle is useable with just some new studs. Not sure what all the little half circles are from though?

I also MIGHT have a flat top around. However after two moves I don't recall seeing it. I did have some at one point that I didn't use. Not machined though. Was going to but the jig I made was wrong.

that kn uckle looks beat up but it still might be useable, the spindle too as long as its not cracked... id get a new shaft and joint and some new studs for the spindle and see how it all goes back together....

Back