• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which part of your XJ is a guaranteed rock magnet?

My gas tank and cross member and rockers. But trees are much worse on poor red . Tail lights just about any body panel except for hood haven't got that yet but was close. my gutters are beat to snoot and i even got mt drivers side A piller at big dogs.

Quarter panels and taillights is what I always used to bang up.
standard.jpg

Here's how I fixed that problem.
standard.jpg

Ain't them XJ body lifts a PITA. The armor on the belly has seemed to reverse the charge on everything but the front diff.
It has been pointed out though that I seem to be building a magnetic charge at the rockers. Best get my butt in gear and install them there de-mag rails thats been keeping the garage floor safe.

My big problem as of late is that the last couple of trails that Ethan drove has been them XJ magnets thats been hiding in the Mansanita!

TBent... time to install those rails :) To motivate you... unless something drastically changes, I should be free on SUnday to help you out with that :) :) :) (Of course we would test them right after LOL)

Kejtar

Don't you just love it when some one just soaks your butt in gasoline? then starts flicking matches at it ? LOL
Light a fire under my butt will ya! LOL Hope to have them on by then, Ethan's been threatening me too. I'll keep you posted though, my luck is wearing mighty THIN.

Not Broken :dunce:

theres just something about the front right corner.... doesnt like the factory shape.. keeps adding its own curves..
mike

Remi, Remember X Treme XJ's front hook set up? they set up a bit higher, and it seemed that they were more out of the way. I think that he cut down and re-drilled some late model GMC hooks. Much better then the oem fangs. IMO

Just Bent :gee:

TBent... I keep remembering those towhooks.. but... I have a feeling that if I did that I would loose the factory fogs... :( I need to do something about both of those at the same time.

Also today couple hours ago I finished repainting (not for looks but rust protection) the rear quarter panel on the passengers side.... it's tweaked and looks like a rock started a fold for me already LOL

Kejtar

front right bumper and fender.
I beat the s""t out of it.
(correction: it is a "tree magnet")

...BOB

Gas Tank when i was stock, now it seems to be rear quarters, my bumpers seem to be tree magnets

red91inWA said:
well since this got resurected....

My DAMN WINDSHIELD!

For me it changed: damn drivers door. Seems that I keep caving it in every other trip! Simple fix though: take the panel of and hammer it out ;) Then add more herculiner :D

Back