• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which locker

team510 said:
i never had a problem i just dont like when i give my input about something ive had zero problems with, all of my friends with the same setup have had zero problems, and some guy on here whose never even run an arb says that mine are sucking oil up the tubes etc just cause he heard someone popped a line or something. then just cause i talk like a sailor apparantly now im "a tough guy". whatever. i dont really care what lockers anyone uses, i just said what i like to use and i got dogged for it.
You dropped the F bomb in a thread where ARBs were not even an option for the original poster. Some gave their honest opinion about your honest opinion, there was nothing personal, you just didn't like what you heard.
I am glad you have had a positive experience with your ARB, which you are completely entitled to such satisfaction after paying that much for a locker. Discussions like this happen quite a bit on public forums, so get acquainted with it. Watch your mouth and don't get all butt hurt. I have always liked this locker debate, because I enjoy the fact that I get optimal product satisfaction from an item that cost half, is easily replaceable if it does break, and locks up both tires just as good as your ARB does.

:cheers:

PS if swearing is your thing as it is mine, then check out our "Dumpster Divers Den of Antiquity" after you pony up the $$$ to become a Naxja member, then come over for Sierra Chapter's Sierra Fest in a couple of weeks and we'll try to break that ARB for you.

Last edited:
team510 said:
i never had a problem i just dont like when i give my input about something ive had zero problems with, all of my friends with the same setup have had zero problems, and some guy on here whose never even run an arb says that mine are sucking oil up the tubes etc just cause he heard someone popped a line or something. then just cause i talk like a sailor apparantly now im "a tough guy". whatever. i dont really care what lockers anyone uses, i just said what i like to use and i got dogged for it.

That's great you haven't had any problems in your less than a year of ownership......yet.....

I'm sure your all about defending ARB since you shelled out the cash and don't want any regrets, but as far as reliability, haven't you ever heard of K.I.S.S! The fewer switches, air lines, and moving parts, the more reliable it will be, this goes for everything....My Hammer hasn't failed me yet!

As was mentioned, Comp rigs are a whole different story than your "normal" XJ owner. Their owners have pretty deep pockets, and they don't have to rely on them to get to work the morning after. Not to mention they are usually running custom axles with an upgraded spline count, and couldn't run a lunchbox if they wanted to.

The main thing is the original poster was asking about the difference between lunchbox lockers, not exactly ARB territory to begin with.

Ben H said:
You dropped the F bomb in a thread where ARBs were not even an option for the original poster. Some gave their honest opinion about your honest opinion, there was nothing personal, you just didn't like what you heard.
I am glad you have had a positive experience with your ARB, which you are completely entitled to satisfaction after paying that much for a locker. This happens quite a bit on public forums so get acquainted with it.

beat me to it

WOW THIS HAS GOTTEN INTERESTING ...
AND HOLY HIJACKED THREAD ....

IM NOT GETTING AN ARB I DONT WANT ONE AND CANT AFFORD ONE ...
SO GUESS WHAT I DONT CARE IF UR ARB IS GOD OR IT SUCKS....

but from the looks of it i will be going for an Aussie for my front to those of you who made this thread useful thanks ...

to those of you blabin about the ARB ... start your own thread

Ben H said:
:cheers:

PS if swearing is your thing as it is mine, then check out our "Dumpster Divers Den of Antiquity" after you pony up the $$$ to become a Naxja member, then come over for Sierra Chapter's Sierra Fest in a couple of weeks and we'll try to break that ARB for you.

wont see you at sierra fest. i took the week off before it for some collins lake chillin up in marysville. gotta work that week. and is this the same sierra fest that pirate is having? i thought it got cancelled since fordyce got closed down?

and yeah i wasnt the one that started blabbing about arbs. i said they were good and then got 12 replies that they sucked and mine sucked etc. i said i was over it and ill see you on the trail. so get over it!!

and yeah i dont really need to pay just so i can have access to a forum to cuss in. i guess i cuss a lot but i dont need to start paying for it now.

have fun at sierra fest. and sorry to the original poster. your thread got raped. good luck with whatever you end up getting.

I've always heard Aussies are good products, and have heard one or two stories about bad Detroits (as well as some good ones). So I'd have to vote for Aussie.

If it were me, I'd run Powertrax No-Slip front-and-rear in my stock axles, the n swap up for stronger axles at 4.10, Super axleshafts, and OX LOCKERS. Forget OBA and vulnerable airlines, you get your money's worth with those cables and near-bulletproof armor...

:gee:

team510 said:
wont see you at sierra fest. i took the week off before it for some collins lake chillin up in marysville. gotta work that week. and is this the same sierra fest that pirate is having? i thought it got cancelled since fordyce got closed down?

and yeah i wasnt the one that started blabbing about arbs. i said they were good and then got 12 replies that they sucked and mine sucked etc. i said i was over it and ill see you on the trail. so get over it!!

and yeah i dont really need to pay just so i can have access to a forum to cuss in. i guess i cuss a lot but i dont need to start paying for it now.

have fun at sierra fest. and sorry to the original poster. your thread got raped. good luck with whatever you end up getting.
Thats cool man, just trying to lighten up the mood around here. Our Sierra Fest is in the Shaver area BTW.

Ben H said:
Thats cool man, just trying to lighten up the mood around here. Our Sierra Fest is in the Shaver area BTW.

not too familiar with that area. all ive ever done are rubicon (a lot) and fordyce and a lot of hollister runs. maybe next year. or ill stay tuned to other things your guys are planning on the sierra forum.

Well, here comes another guy with his two cents hehe. I got an Aussie in the front D30 on my XJ, and have never had an issue with it onroad. It locks when it's supposed to, and stays cool when on the street. VERY small clicks now and again, which I kind of like, reminds me that I'm locked LOL. 250.00 shipped and takes NO time to install. Put gear oil in and go lock 'er up man! Aussie seems like a very good product to me so far.

I had been running the Detroit EZ locker in the 8.25 for a long time and had to replace the springs on it. It worked fine but in the last week, i've had issues with it not engaging again and messing up the teeth on the spacer and the side gear (passenger). I'm done with it and looking to get something else.

to Aussie, get that 8.25 locker done already...please

Back