• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where's the Beef ???

cds36

NAXJA Forum User
Oh there it is......

6479188536_ORIG.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

And there too .....

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

Last edited:
HEY! i know that driveway :eyes:

:D lookin good home slice!

mono leafs huh? you must have some stiff ass shocks!

Looks good but, how come you didnt just go OTK with the steering?

Shit, truthfully i didnt pay attention that it was 2wd. I see your point.

IMG_0736.jpg

Even as a prerunner, the available range for the rod end at the pitman arm will bind before the limit strap tops out when the passenger side unloads. Look at the angle it sits at just being static. This binding will put unwanted force on the rod end bolt and the steering box/sector shaft.

2 options. Replace the rod end at the pitman arm with a 1 ton TRE which provides more usable range OR bring the drag link up higher with another knuckle (like a WJ set up) so it has more available range. Doing a WJ set up and lifting the track bar bracket will also increase the roll center making it slightly more stable.

I'm with cracker.

That has to change or you're in trouble. You probably won't get more than 4 or 5 inches of droop before the steering maxes out, and if you're LUCKY, you'll only break a bolt or rod end. If you're unlikely, a sector shaft or rip the box off of the frame.

And hopefully its offroad when it happens. ;)

This would be another solution but not optimal. I would think there might be too much leverage on the sterring box/sector shaft. Keep in mind track bar and drag link need to be parallel and similar in length. You would also need to make sure the pitman arm does not hit the tie rod under compression.

Pitman_arm_2_l.jpg

Last edited:
Back