• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where you at NJ/PA XJ'ers

MSHarnett

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, just looking to see if any of you live near me. I'm from Phillipsburg NJ, technically Easton PA, but whos counting. If anyone is close and wanna do some local wheelin, let me know, I have a few good places, but none are really that legal.

Up until a year ago, I was living in Deptford, NJ, down south near Philadelphia. My brother lives in Phillipsburg, though, so I know where you are. Mike-in-NJ lives near Pattenburg, so he isn't far from you. Easy XJ'er is in Pennington, which isn't too far, either. Peterbilt and Gearwhine live in Montgomery, near Princeton. Magoo is closer to the shore in Howell. Lots of guys in the Philadelphia area (CHW, Andy-in-PA, Stroker, JohnB, Scarface, et al.) The NAC is a great group, do try to make it to one of their functions and meet everyone.

I'm a little east of "Mike in NJ", but still in Hunterdon County.

NAC is definitely a good bunch - went to my first NACFest this year, had a blast.

Welcome to the boards.

Rob

I live in Cranbury (just a little east of Princeton). As far as wheeling goes, I head south to the pine barrens. Haven't found anything near me besides dirt roads.

DaveD912 said:
I live in Cranbury (just a little east of Princeton). As far as wheeling goes, I head south to the pine barrens. Haven't found anything near me besides dirt roads.

Dave-

I grew up in Dayton, wheeled my XJ at Assunpink and Colliers Mills wildlife management areas, they are worth checking out.

I've been to Assunpink and didn't find much but fields (posted no motorized vehicles) and dirt roads. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough. Thanks for the tip.

im from new milford..in bergen county...but i work in netcong...im down for wheeling after work..

There is one spot near Assunpink lake that has a nasty mudhole... learned my lesson in that one. That was in summer '97, so things may have changed since then.

Well hey, if you close by guys ever wanna hit up some local trails let me know, I'm always game.

I've never been to the barrens, but I deffinatly would like to check it out. Next time you guys go, count me in, just let me know how to get there.

the easiest way to the pine barrens if you want to be legal is to go to exit 52 off the parkway and follow the signs for batsto village. it is located in the center of wharton state forest. motorized vehicles are legal and there are miles of trails to check out and the water and mud can get really deep. i live in green brook in sommerset county its about 1 and a half ride.

I'm located in West Milford which is in Northern Passaic county. There are a few places to wheel around here but nothing legal at all! My cousin has 75 acres and the town sand and gravel quary is right connected to his property up in NY state that we are curently clearing some paths and we wheel up there almost every weekend. Just got a skidder and a track hoe to help with the clearing. Any of you guys ever want to tag along let me know we welcome everyone

CheapXJ said:
I'm an hour west of paragon in "the middle of nowhere, pa"
No, no ... My wife and I recently spent some time checking out a few places in PA. You're WAAY east of the middle of nowhere. Centre County (Bellefont area) is the center of nowhere. And west of nowhere there's miles and miles of nothing.

MSHarnett said:
Well hey, if you close by guys ever wanna hit up some local trails let me know, I'm always game.

I've never been to the barrens, but I deffinatly would like to check it out. Next time you guys go, count me in, just let me know how to get there.

Check out www.jeepin.com "trail rides". There are a few trail rides a month with the NJ folks.

this is the middle of nowhere:

DSCN2284_exposure.jpg

Centre county still has something to offer. the closest "attraction" to me is a giant mine fire that's been burning for 30 years.

we go HERE for FUN.

Oh cool, I remmeber my parents telling me about that when I was a kid and we used to drive up in the middle of nowhere PA. I think we were going to nobles glenn or something like that. Is that near the middle of nowhere?

Hey we gotta go wheelin sometime. We should all have a Paragon get to gether, or maybe a middle of nowhere PA get together.

EDIT: nevermind, I think that was on our way out to PennState or something, my sister use to go there about 15 years ago, are you close to there?

Last edited:
Back