• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy metal

Manic Mechanic

NAXJA Forum User
So I tried looking at Lowe's and Home Depot, even Tractor Supply, which actually didn't have a horrible selection, but not what I'm needing. Anyways, does anyone have suggestions/experience as to where to buy metal from nearby? Looking for 3/16 2x6, some various round tube, and some 1/4 2x2 and 1.5x1.5. Wanting to start working on bumpers and sliders for my heap. Thanks for the help,

-Eric

All of the places you mentioned are stupid expensive. Usually around here I get mine from Carpco Steel, but you should be able to search the yellow pages in your area for steel, and find some places. I know that at most of places you mentioned you will pay 10-12 bucks for a 3 or 4 foot piece, and at Carpco I can get most of that type stuff for less than $1 a foot.

Yeah, once I saw the prices I realized they were out of the question. Tried to google it and ended up with alot of hits for pre-fab'd metal workshops and sheds. May have to go old tech and look in the yellow pages.

-Eric

Found this place, when I searched "Sherman Texas Steel"

Mc Kee's Discount Steel
812 N Houston Ave, Denison, TX (903) 465-5774

Give them a call they prolly have what you need.

Back