• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where are all the Florida XJ's?

Re: Where is all the Florida XJ's?

I am also living in the Spring Hill/Brookesville area at the moment. My jeep is mostly stock. I am running 30x9.5's with a little trimming. I also have dual batteries to run the radio while on the job/party/camping. The only bad thing is my jeep is in Charleston, SC until I can get it fixed or towed down here. Nice to see I am not the only one in the area.
feb023.jpg

ChiliRed I live closer to south Florida but there is a campout this month I think its mlk weekend in brooksville go to http://www.fl4wda.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1253289196

I can't make it this year my wife is ready to pop in 3 weeks ? Members of my club treasure coast jeep club will be there!!

Cool, I'll definitely look into that. Congrats on the baby...must be something in the water, my buddies girl is due soon too.

I am also living in the Spring Hill/Brookesville area at the moment. My jeep is mostly stock. I am running 30x9.5's with a little trimming. I also have dual batteries to run the radio while on the job/party/camping. The only bad thing is my jeep is in Charleston, SC until I can get it fixed or towed down here. Nice to see I am not the only one in the area.

Nice lookin jeep. I like the wheels. Mine isnt too crazy just yet. I have a set of quadratech HD rear springs sittin on 225 A/Ts ...and "Maintenance" upgrades, ha. Next on the list is recovery points then 31s and 3in bastard pack when I can afford it.

Brandon, FL. here (near Tampa).
I too will be attending the campout at the end of the month. See you guys there!
RichloamMay2009110.jpg

I bought those wheels for $60. They came with five rims and four tires which two were practically new. Two were worn down pretty good and and had a pretty good sized bolt in it which took a couple plugs to fix. They have been on the jeep a year now and no leaks. Planned on getting a used pair of tires to replace the worn two but have had a hell of a time finding good used 30x9.5 tires. I might be getting a lift soon and then I will just bump up a size or two. I sold my old rims and tires for $250 which were wearing badly due to being out of balance for so long and they were too big for not having a lift although I drove on them for several years and dealing with the rubbing which drove me insane. Here they are.
nov11016.jpg

nov11017.jpg

I love the Revo's and want another set if and when I can afford them.

im a Florida XJ'er but due to the Marine Corps im NC bound :D

Panama City fl here, 98 w/ 3 1/2 inches of lift on 31's, 280 stroker, and OR-fab front. There 3 of us up here in the local with lifted modded Xj's and we wheel all the time. theres 2 or 3 more lifted xj's i see running around town, but havnt caught up with them yet.

Hey I think I have seen you running around P'Cola! We will have to go wheeling . I usually go on Eglin or in Blackwater.
Football658.jpg

im in gainesville!!! looking to find a good junkyard close by and get some rear leafs to do a bastard pack and get rid of the blocks..any good trails around here for 2wd to make it through?

If your in gainesville, you need to check out gator4x4.com. Thats our local club, a lot of good guys and gals.

im in orlando going to school but im originally from fort lauderdale and i have my jeep up here with me. i ocassionaly go riding near frostproof at a place called river ranch.

My mom and dad live in Frostproof.

I am a member of treasurecoastjeepclub.org I live in Port Saint Lucie its just north of West Palm Bch. Nice to hear from guys in Florida. My club goes all over Florida to events, it's the only way I would be into the jeep thing in Florida. Not to many places to ride? There is the Florida 4 wheel drive campout in Inverness, Fl also Jeep beach in daytona and Jeeptoberfest in ocala. Just to name a few. We are also planning a trip to River Rock Orv in Georgia in June any XJ guys up near Milledgeville that can show us some local spots?

Milledgeville aka River Rock is all there is "legal" in GA.. unless you really want to drive the extra 4 hours north to Blairsville GA to Beasley Knob all that they offer is non challenging hills..
River Rock provides all the entertainment you ll need.

Mark

Back