• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel Algnment in South Bay

98XJLongBuild

NAXJA Forum User
I need to get my front end aligned here in the next 2-3 weeks. I could just do it myself, but then it still might not fix the issue. I am running out of time for anymore trial and error ideas.

Does anybody know of a good shop that can do an accurate front alignment on a 98 XJ with a 6.5" lift? Needs to be located in the area of South Bay Area i.e from San Jose to Fremont and across to Sunnyvale.

Thanks

Try your front yard. 2 jackstands, a tire marking crayon, and a tape measure will set your toe. Camber is not adjustable, and caster is only adjustable if you have adjustable control arms.

I guess the bigger question is what sort of problem are you having?

Inner side of wheel wearing out really quickly. Replaced all bushings and check the ball joints. I do have adjustable control arms just not sure on how to check the caster or waht angle to set them at.

Inner wear is either toe-out on the tires or a bent housing. Its easy enough to use a tape measure to find out if it is due to toe-out. Where are you at in San Jose? Is your 6.5" a long-arm, short-arm, or short-arm with drop brackets?

Inner wear is either toe-out on the tires or a bent housing. Its easy enough to use a tape measure to find out if it is due to toe-out. Where are you at in San Jose? Is your 6.5" a long-arm, short-arm, or short-arm with drop brackets?

I'm located in South San Jose. I measured up the Toe-in/out and it measured out to be 1/4" Toe-In. It is the 6.5" Short-arm with adjustable arms. Both lower arms are 3/8" differnece in length.

How would I go thru and check to see if it is a bent housing????? This would be the last thing that I could come up with.

For a bent housing you can sometimes get a long straight edge (yard stick like) and see the bend. Sometimes the bend isn't bad enough to really measure.

Is this Jeep new to you, or did this problem just come since you lifted it, or ???

I might be able to look at it on Monday just to make sure your toe-in is correct. I'm in South SJ also. I'll PM you my number, give me a call and we'll figure something out.

Back