• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's up with cars sold at auction houses?

bradleyheathhays

NAXJA Forum User
So what IS up with these vehicles? How do they get there? Are they rejects somehow from other lots?

I have a friend who can let me buy one through a local auction plus $100 so not a bad deal considering I'd be getting thousands off.

Are these vehicles worth looking into or should just I stay away altogether?

They can be ok. Check for rust and engine damage if you can.

What they usually are is trade in from a dealer that they don't think they can flip. Or don't want to .

I've never done business with auctions houses like this directly so I've got no advice real advice except check them as best you can, up north they are likely to have rust issues that could keep them from passing inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you a dealer? Every one I've looked into requires a dealer's license.

I've heard of some open to the public but I've not found one.

That's why it's a xtra 100. His buddy probably has a deaalers license and charges a few for taking someone in. I know a few people that do this.

It can be a very good way of getting a car a dealer would put on their lot after a wash and a wax. Just depends on the area, in FL most of the cars are rust free except for beach cars and flood cars. So it's pretty safe to take a punt on a car that's frame will be intact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can be ok. Check for rust and engine damage if you can.

What they usually are is trade in from a dealer that they don't think they can flip. Or don't want to .

Yep.

Not necessarily anything wrong with them. It is just that for the dealer that took them in on trade these are not the vehicles they want to put on their lot. They may not fit their particular niche, or they may be higher mileage than they think will sell well, or they may indeed be a poorly maintained or otherwise undesirable vehicle.

In exchange for the reward of a lower price you are taking more of a risk.

We have a public auction house here in Nashville. I've been once. Cheap, ragged out stuff the day I was there. One of the users here bought a WJ at the auction house and it was a good truck.

Back