• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's the stupidest thing you ever did that you would admit to?

Had sex with an underage teenage girl.......oh wait, you said "stupidest".

I'd have to fall back on my original post. (the masturbation one)

:D

upon reinstalling the D30 in my current project, I had some difficulty getting one of the lower control arms to line up with the hole in its mount.

the axle was perched precariously on a combination of a jackstand and a jack.

since it was getting dark and I had trouble locating my drift, I decided to use my pinky finger to line up the sleeve in the bushing with the LCA mount.

I'm still kinda foggy on exactly what happened, but as I trying to get the bolt through, the axle ended up on the ground with 1/4" of my pinky finger still located in the bushing.

then I stood up quite quickly (i think it was quite quickly), slipped on the puddle of blood and tried to catch myself with that hand.

I was treated for a mild concussion, and my pinky finger is about 1/8" shorter than what it used to be.

I'm going to be installing a rebuilt Turdy either this or the next weekend, thanks for the tip.

~Alex

upon reinstalling the D30 in my current project, I had some difficulty getting one of the lower control arms to line up with the hole in its mount.

the axle was perched precariously on a combination of a jackstand and a jack.

since it was getting dark and I had trouble locating my drift, I decided to use my pinky finger to line up the sleeve in the bushing with the LCA mount.

I'm still kinda foggy on exactly what happened, but as I trying to get the bolt through, the axle ended up on the ground with 1/4" of my pinky finger still located in the bushing.

then I stood up quite quickly (i think it was quite quickly), slipped on the puddle of blood and tried to catch myself with that hand.

I was treated for a mild concussion, and my pinky finger is about 1/8" shorter than what it used to be.

WOW..... teach you to use D30's over again......

I didn't personally do this but a good friend of mine did....

For his high school senior project, he rebuilt a 350CID. He spent roughly 2000 on it to make it all nice and perfect, and soon the day came where it was ready to go. Getting ready to fire it up for the first time since the rebuild, they realized they had no engine stand. Oh well they thought, well just set it on a tire. (you may see where this is goin...) It started up and idled perfectly. Now time to test the throttle, pulling on the throttle cable, the engine climbed through the revs, but not being on an engine stand, the engine torque rolled the engine off the tire, and proceeded to run it into a wall. Repeatedly. Once the engine was out of gas, they ran over to check it. Sure enough the engine was totally screwed. Lesson learned? Don't skip the minor details. :D

Ok. heres mine...id say about 2 and a half years ago...

so its about 1am and i am out "wheelin" in my subaru forester. i was in unfamiliar territory and found myself in a sand pit owned by a concrete company. it was after some serious rain so there were alot of puddles to go barreling thru. i found a couple in a row and went speeding thru them, then i saw another off to the right and went speeding at that....followed by a wall of water coming over my car. hoods is almost under water and i tell my gf to crawl out the window onto the roof.... moments later there is about 6in of roof showing and im on my cell to call my buddy with a lifted xj to come pull me out....

best part of the story is...full coverage. ins totaled the car.

My dumbest..wow there has been alot. I was rebuilding my 4.0 had it bored, dipped, all that fun stuff so when i was reassembling it, i put in all new freeze plugs, but for got to put in the 2 main oil gallery plugs, so when i finally fired it off, i had no oil pressure. Kinda scratched my head and said "hmm well thats weird i even have a high volume pump in it". Bout that time my buddie started yelling "ooo shit turn it off, turn it off". So as i stepd out of the heep and looked underneath, i saw a waterfall of oil coming from the bellhousing on the tranny. Walked in the garage and saw the 2 oil gallery plugs on the work bench.....ooo that was a bad night.

I have so many....but here's one:

While a freshman in college, I was getting a poor grade in ecomomics.
I had been in the professor's office several times for chats and noticed that he always left his gradebook open on his desk for all to see.
I also noticed that he kept records in pencil.

So I went to go talk to him one day, and he wasn't in his office - but the gradebook was.

The voices in my head told me that I could easily and quickly "adjust" my grade.

so, yea... :gag:

I had been in the professor's office several times for chats and noticed that he always left his gradebook open on his desk for all to see.

So I went to go talk to him one day, and he wasn't in his office - but the gradebook was.

The voices in my head told me that I could easily and quickly "adjust" my grade.

lol, who wouldnt. Thanks for the idea BTW. Might have to make a few office hours next week. :D

Damn, thats a good idea haha. I could really use a grade "adjustment" in some of my economics classes. All my professors seem to lock their doors when they're not there though, and I'm sure they'd frown upon people breaking into their offices. :(

Damn, thats a good idea haha. I could really use a grade "adjustment" in some of my economics classes. All my professors seem to lock their doors when they're not there though, and I'm sure they'd frown upon people breaking into their offices. :(

This was in the 80s - I would venture to guess that most grades in today's schools are stored in a database - rather than a gradebook.
....Unless it's some old geezer prof who never learned how to use a computer. :D

Which is why I will never go to Jiffy lube.

Thats how my elementary school burnt down. No school for a week until we got moved into another building for the rest of the year.

Yeah, to be honest the first one may have involved the influence of certain drugs/alcohol. NOT my finest year.

But seriously don't worry- come into my Jiffy lube any time, I'll be happy to fill your crankcase, differential's, t-case whatever full of washer fluid. :laugh3:

Back