• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's the stupidest thing you ever did that you would admit to?

megabyte5689 said:
The other night I was driving my XJ and didn't pay attention, I hit a patch of ice and slid and couldn't stop, and I ran over this pole. It bent the pole and their were only some scratches on the underside of the XJ. I still think trying to out run the mall cop was the most stupid thing I've ever done. Stupid but fun.
I had something similar to that, but hitting the F.H. sign instead of the hydrant going 25 down hill through a "S" bend in 2 feet of fresh powder. Pole mark behind passenger door:doh:

I ran out of gas this morning on the way to work. Sucks cause wife and i were just talking about How is it that so many people run out of gas, y dont they put a few bucks in if they know their low. Well I knew I was low but was like heck I got enough to get to work. Guess karma got me.

Got a question what is the point of paying for road side assistance every month if the one time in 3 years that you use it you have to pay for the gas that they bring you?

megabyte5689 said:
The other night I was driving my XJ and didn't pay attention, I hit a patch of ice and slid and couldn't stop, and I ran over this pole. It bent the pole and their were only some scratches on the underside of the XJ. I still think trying to out run the mall cop was the most stupid thing I've ever done. Stupid but fun.

I didn't think mall cops (security) had any rights to chase you.

Unless they are their own recognized "police department" like university police and the like.

hmmm stupidest thing ??? either gettin pissed while doin front brakes & NOT tightening the lugs all the way, (luckily it didnt come off, 92 corsica i got for $300). or the time i did an oil change on a customers car, filled it up with oil, put it al back together was pulling it out of the garage...... the boss was yelling at me to STOP!!!!!! so i did & cut the engine. what? "look!" i see about 5 quarts of oil all over the garage floor. umm, sh!t !! ok i got it!! forgot to put the oil drain plug back in. doh!!! needless to say that never happened again.
see what happens when you'd busy or got other things on your mind??

(note to everyone: dont take your vehicle to garage on a friday!!! lol)

I can't believe I'm posting this.......as this just happened today!:flamemad:

While trying to drain the old gas in my son's MJ today I pulled the main fuel line just behind the fuel filter. I was trying to see if I could get a siphon started from this line but the gas poured out into a small trickle, so we reconnect the fuel line back to the fuel filter and move on to "PLAN B".. So now we disconnect the starter solenoid and turn it over to make sure pump works, and the engine doesnt turn over.... OK Great it worked!!!.... Now climb back under the Jeep go to pull the line from the filter and got SPRAYED right in the face with pressurized gasoline. FAWK it burned my eyeballs out.....:flame:

So after some cursing, kicking, and tripping over everything in the garage to get under the waterhose.... I ask my son to reconnect the lines.... to make a long story short while finally getting my vision back and wiping off my face I see him running to the water hose..... So I asked him, "what the hell just happened." His reply, "Some gasoline dripped into my eyes!!" :flame:

WTF.... must been the rain we got here in SoCal last night....
:twak: ((MJ - 2 / Scott & Son - 0 ))

Like father like son I guess lmfao

cant say to much got gas in my eye yesterday from the same line only it wasent pressurized

rocknxj said:
I sold a very good condition, low mileage Grand Cherokee in favor of a 2006 Honda Odyssey. I hate that POS Honda.

Bet you'll never do that again....

scottmcneal said:
Went out an got a JEEP, still paying for that move

We all are my friend, we all are... thats what this site is for, a support group for the suckers who bought jeeps.

That'll probably bend some of the blades on the fan?

Pretty dumb.

A better method would to tie a string to one of the blades and hold the string fruther away while you start the engine.

ive never had it bend any blades on a plastic fan im sure it would break them but you find out very quickly therefore you dont have to put alot of pressure on it and 90% of the time in my experience the clutch is bad so it does not do anything but stop the blade but the string idea is a very good idea and much safer

Newest one for me, Working on the front end, trying to clean out mud from rotor slots, my phone goes off, set it up on the hood, get heep back together, and go take it for a good lottle test drive. Get up to 35-40 mph, slam on the brakes, turn around do it going the other way. No big deal, all is good, get home hear the house pgone ring, STOP DEAD IN MY TRACKS, it just hit me... Left my cell phone on the hood... :bawl: Nice new Samsung Blackjack... :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: Find it at the end of the street after at least one car came screaming through after me... Get otu pick it up, put the battery back in. It works!!! :worship: Get it out, try the camera to see if i broke the lens, no, so it good, little thing pops up telling me I fried my expensive 2 gig card, :scared: Now, the phone is usable, but everything I had on there was on that card....... :rattle: Jeep turned out fine, but my nice new spensive phone is busted... for the kicker, my berrings and seals for my front pinion are failing/ have failed.... Fun...

Moral of the story, Dont be stupid like me.......party1:

jeep/bronco said:
ive never had it bend any blades on a plastic fan im sure it would break them but you find out very quickly therefore you dont have to put alot of pressure on it and 90% of the time in my experience the clutch is bad so it does not do anything but stop the blade but the string idea is a very good idea and much safer

The clutch never locks up 100% so if you stick something inbetween to stop the blade, it WILL stop.

Kind of a safety feature too...

I did the double oil filter gasket thing last year- it was my first fill up with synthetic too! An expensive lesson.

When I was just out of college I had an 85 CJ that was my DD. In my CJ, I blew up a piston, so I bought a used engine to just swap in. The guy I bought it from told me he checked compression and it was good, no blow-by, etc. I didn't have a clue what he was talking about at the time. My now-father-in-law helped me do the swap, one of my good friends actually paid for the engine because I was broke and in school. Put it all back together and I couldn't get it too stay running at all because of how much oil the EGR was dumping back into the carb. Then I figured out what blow-by was. The guy I bought the engine from got an earful from me, he gave me half my money back, but I still had a Jeep that didn't run, and no other car. I decided to cut my losses and I put the thing on Ebay.

Some local dope bought it. I still see it around occasionally, I know where he works, and I stop in about once a year to see it. I'm still glad I sold that one, even though I miss it some. Last time I stopped, the body was sitting crooked on the frame because of all the rust, and I opened the hood just for kicks, popped open the oil filler cap, and the valve train looked like a milkshake:shhh: .

All in all it was a stupid decision, followed by a good one.

Back