• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what you still need to get done

magimerlin

NAXJA Forum User
So lets see who is ready, or close to being ready...lol

Me-
I measured for rear shocks as I moved my rear lower mounts outta the way but now need to find shocks.....

Would love to get 35's with IRS $ but we will see

Marine speakers in my kick panels

build new non-disco axle housing D30 so I can get rid of leaky disco axle housing(already have 1 piece axles in there)

should really get my bump stops done to at some point....

Ugh, let's see...

-SYE and D44 swapped in.

-Roof rack off the roof and onto the gutters.

-Floor pans replaced.

-Replace broken trans crossmember bolt.

-ZJ steering upgrade swapped in.

-Replace brake lines

-Pull D30 trail spares

-Move to the RRC area (next month!)

That would give me piece of mind...

Oh yeah- LOP THE DOORS OFF!!:gee:

-Finish winch install

-Do something about bump stops

-Build/install t-case skid

-Possibly find and upgrade to ZJ steering

and im sure there are some other things that I forgot

Ugh, let's see...

-SYE and D44 swapped in. SYE: CHECK. D44: Gotta Get Gears f/r and locker.

-Roof rack off the roof and onto the gutters. CHECK.

-Floor pans replaced. CHECK.

-Replace broken trans crossmember bolt. CHECK.

-ZJ steering upgrade swapped in. Got it set up as trail spare for now- CHECK

-Replace brake lines

-Pull D30 trail spares

-Move to the RRC area (next month!) We'll be on the road the 21st.

That would give me piece of mind...

Oh yeah- LOP THE DOORS OFF!!:gee:

-Might play with some different lift components.

-Also want to beef up the brace to my CA drop brackets.

-Bumpstops.

-Shims so I can remove t-case drop.

With the sye you can remove the t/c drop. You should have a double cardian joint rear shaft in there. So no need for a t/c drop. Even without the axle shims unless it is THAT far off.....

For your brake lines you talking the rubber ones? If so I use mid 80's chevy 1/2 ton fronts and a early 90's I believe it was dodge Dakota rear hose. If you search for brake hoses under my screen name you should find it pretty easy.

Yeah the angle was off (without the t-case drop) enough to make me uncomfortable. Noticable vibes at all speeds so I put it back in. All better now. I could probably just run the drop, but why not get the inch of clearance and put the angle right at the front d-shaft too?

I have the chevy/dakota brake lines you're talking about, and the lift came with SS lines as well.

The Jeep was lifted 4.5 when I bought it and the front lines were "relocated". While they're still serviceable, they all look kinda crusty.

Put the gas tank skid and hitch back on. Swap out the dreaded upper control arm bushings. Did the OME leaf swap finally today and my front brakes.

I guess I still need to diagnose the weird slight hesitation I have from leaving intersections. Almost wants to die on me...

-Finish winch install-DONE

-Do something about bump stops-DONE

-Build/install t-case skid-IN PROGRESS

-Possibly find and upgrade to ZJ steering-STILL LOOKING

and im sure there are some other things that I forgot
Wouldnt mind building some rock sliders also but time will tell.

Put the gas tank skid and hitch back on. Swap out the dreaded upper control arm bushings. Did the OME leaf swap finally today and my front brakes.

I guess I still need to diagnose the weird slight hesitation I have from leaving intersections. Almost wants to die on me...

Damn. Just a week away and the only thing I've done on this list is fix that hesitation. Looks like I wont have a day off until then either. Whatcha think, Gilmer without a gas tank skid? I've wheeled there before without one.

Back