• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Tried to drive mine today. No start :(

Got the 85 Diesel running 2 days ago, for inspection...renewal..

Took the Jeep to get an alignment this morning and found a new problem on the ride over.

I was getting a ton of noise from the suspension- particularly over bumps. It wasn't rotational or consistent but was loud enough to evoke concern.

Got out to check, and the driver side coil spring is bowing forward and contacting the track bar mount.

So new trackbar/mount, or new coils?

It's probably a combination on lower arms/trac bar miss adjusted.

lower arms are non-adjustable.

could be trackbar but i'd expect the issue on the other side if it were too short... and I don't think shorter than it was on the D30 would be possible.

I'll snag a pic when i get it back.

Non adjustable arms that are too short for a higher lift will pitch the axle forward, making the coil bow into the tb mount. A trac bar that's short will pull the Adele to that side as well... Could be a couple things.

Posted more in mod tech but here's a couple pics

Also here's the alignment specs

Is that before or after alignment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd look into adjustable lowers if you aren't gonna go a little lower

I'd look into adjustable lowers if you aren't gonna go a little lower

That's what I'm leaning towards.

I'm not sure shorter could would even lower it.... these seem longer than necessary

Tried to drive mine today. No start :(

Got the 85 Diesel running 2 days ago, for inspection...renewal..

Fixed the Gal this morning, 87 Wagoneer. Running like a champ now. Think the CPS connection was loose and dirty. Time to get the Diesel inspected, then work on registration for the white 87 4x4.

Ordered some adjustable uppers and some headliner fabric.

I attempted to purchase headliner fabric at Joanns but forgot how miserable the old ladies there are

Ordered some adjustable uppers and some headliner fabric.

I attempted to purchase headliner fabric at Joanns but forgot how miserable the old ladies there are

Headliner fabric? Good source locally? Link?

Pulled the radio out of the totaled Jeep today

(Yes I am feeling much better, back on my feet already and off the surgery pain meds for 3 days)

to send to my daughter in Detroit. Fond memories, it was her jeep we worked on together, a radio upgrade I gave her in a Christmas Past. She wants to install in her 20 year (new to her) convertible BMW.

Interesting update on the MMO oil additive special piston ring cleaning procedure I post about last month.

Oil consumption dropped 200%, and the mostly new oil now looks like 8000 mile used diesel oil from a 30 year old diesel. BLACK!!!!!!
And the oil only has 400 miles on it.

I'd say it worked!!!!! Got the idea froma GM Saturn TSB on my Saturn.

May try it on my jeep 4.0s next.

Headliner fabric? Good source locally? Link?

Not local. Ordered online, went with suede to do something different.

Joann fabric carries it, if you can get the angry old women to help you. The one hear me supposedly had 15 yards in stock and they wouldn't even look for it

Wired up the backup lights... they're damn bright!

Cb is hooked up

Looked around for where to mount my arb compressor... still not sure.

Waiting for my new uca's to get here

Changed to the Saturn oil today to remove the ton of carbon the piston top side MMO treatment loosened up so well. I added it through the spark plug ports......

Found a diesel fuel leak on two ancient fuel lines at the fuel tank and under the hood. Got that repair nearly done same day I found it today :)

I also opened a glass food jar for the first time in 3 years bare handed with no tricks or help. :party:Never thought that would happen again.:clap:

Looks like the surgery 2 weeks ago is helping my rheumatoid arthritis as well as my digestion. :wow:

On another sad note, :cry: my son totaled his brand new dodge in the evening on Christmas Eve in a bad, dangerous intersection. Had it for barely 2 weeks now. His first car was a Dodge, totaled after only 3 months 10 years ago. The POS Ford lasted 10 years (not hard when it is in the driveway being worked on half the time, Lol). But with the Jeep of mine he totaled 3 months ago (not his fault) it looks like it is time for him to give up on driving Chrysler products?

At least he walked away from all three with nothing more than a few bruises. It has not been a good year for us. My Daughter totaled her first new car about 3 months ago in Detroit.

It may be time for us to switch Marauders with all the MAD idiots on the roads these days?

https://youtu.be/eFEdYjX-tso

Got back from Dallas to a pile of parts on my porch

New headliner
License plate light
Arb solenoids
Arb air line
Rustys air tube

Plus I picked up some adjustable UCA's.

Lots to be done!

Back