• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Dillon, I am very interested in those lights! Not as much for off road but how they work at night. With my OLD eyes the stock lights really suck!!!!

Rear bumper, tire carrier and gas tank skid installed

Front axle done except shocks. Need to find the right size bushing sleeves.

Rear bumper, tire carrier and gas tank skid installed

Front axle done except shocks. Need to find the right size bushing sleeves.

You find a helper or get it done yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been a busy week, forgot to mention I got the 2 new front shocks and the drivers side LCA replaced early this week, and the bad tire rim replaced. It has made a big difference (no death wobble) so far, but have not tested her (87 Wagoneer) over 50 mph yet.

You find a helper or get it done yourself?

Yeah a buddy of mine came by. TJ guy but I won't hold that against him

Pics of that cargo area UncleSarge? Sounds like a cool project. An 8" wide board would likely be cheaper than the plywood. Just thin some two part epoxy with acetone to use as a finish and coat it so when it gets wet or muddy it is good to go. I have some LVL I think....I t is 52" I will measure tonight, but it is 1.75" thick. I use the LVL to make bow forms.

chemsolder,
Been So Busy Workin on It And Working 10hr Days, that I haven't even taken One Single Pic! Yet!
Also, Just Remembered (Just Now) that I Have a Large Piece or 2 of Old Barn Wood.
(7/8" Thick X 16" Wide X 6-7ft Long, Mill Sawed, Yellow Pine)
IIRC I have 2 left, Stashed in the rafters of the Barn, Back Home.
Nice Even Weathered Gray w/ Prominent Grain. May Look Good Just Varnished.
If Not, I'll just Sand it & Stain it. Or, I'll just Roll it w/ Bed Liner!

Will Definitely Try & Take some Pics in the Next Few Days.
Thanx 4 the Interest,
US58

bought a hi lift. now I need to figure out the best way to mount it
ordered frame stiffeners
need to fab up a steering gear brace
thought about other things to replace when I put my front locker in

bought a hi lift. now I need to figure out the best way to mount it
ordered frame stiffeners
need to fab up a steering gear brace
thought about other things to replace when I put my front locker in

River raider mount

Uses your rear seat mounts

Those river raider mounts look nice, but $75! I had mine bolted to my roof rack for the longest time with wingnuts. Out of the weather would be nice though.

Those river raider mounts look nice, but $75! I had mine bolted to my roof rack for the longest time with wingnuts. Out of the weather would be nice though.

Agreed
I don't like storing them externally so to me it's worth the cost

It's alive!

Left the garage under its own power tonight

Still needs an alignment, a front driveshaft, and the rear lights hooked up, but at least its operational

This week, Welded the frame. Pulled drivers side wheel hub. Replaced front axle u-joint and front brakes and changed rear control arms

Cut Out the Pass Side Floor, While Racing the Temp Drop & Caught a Severe Cold!
Got the Pan Tech Screwed In & Alum. Taped In 4 Now.
Stronger than it was before!
Drivers Side Front Is Gone! Got a Half Pan Tech Screwed in place & Taped to Drive it.
Front Seat Channel Looks Kinda OK !!
(Lil Better than the Pass. Side! It was Rotted Out Completely)
Weather Turned Against Me & WORK Increased our hrs to Mandatory 10hr Days!
Now I Wished that I Never Lived at the Beach(For 5+yrs!) Ate My Jeep Up!
Oh Well, It's Driveable to & From Work (4 Now)
Gonna put it in the Body Shop After Christmas & have it All Welded in.
Just Ordered a Full Cargo Area Pan & I will Hopefully Get It Next Week!
And, Yes, the Cargo Area Is in Need of Serious Repair Too!
Just Empty Every Pocket =JEEP!
UncleSarge58

You should have come to Houston and bought my $300 spare jeep body, zero rust, just needs an entire drive train.

What Year? 87- 96? 2 DOOR? (Don't Want a 4)
If So Might be Interested!
US58

Red 1987, sorry it is a 4 door. Was 2WD. Still has the 2 WD axles, but the engine bay is stripped. Not a scratch or dent on it. Was going to make an electric jeep out of it ages ago.

Red 1987, sorry it is a 4 door. Was 2WD. Still has the 2 WD axles, but the engine bay is stripped. Not a scratch or dent on it. Was going to make an electric jeep out of it ages ago.

its a great shell that's for sure! thinking about selling my '95 and getting that one from you if its still around this summer.

Travis

Sand blasted my intake, bored it out, and put my 68mm tb on. Getting it ready for the stroker...
20161222_173850_zpsku4xeilt.jpg

20161222_174429_zpsuv9jort9.jpg

Back