• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Stupid internets.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today MECHANICALY????

Flushed the brake fluid & installed a high temperature DOT 4 - 425ºF fluid.

Replaced a sheared front sway bar link bolt.

Cleaned & re-oiled the K&N air filter.

Changed the oil & lubed the chassis.

Pressure washed the mud & dirt off of the underside from my last hunting trip.

I looked at mine.

Still needs:
Passenger front brakeline fixed and installed
Drivers side rock slider installed
Passenger side slider adjusted and redrilled (not sure if I want to just have them welded on, thoughts?)
Some holes aligned and drilled for the front bumper mounts
Bumpstopped, flexed, and measured for shocks
Get shocks
Try to address leaky hack n tap

I seriously wish it would finish itself. Been forever since I've wheeled it. Too hot to work on it and too broke to get what I need.

Swapped the axles from the comanche to the XJ. It officially has lockers and gears! Then swapped the XJ axles into the MJ. I don't wanna wrench anymore, my hands hurt! LOL Still have to get it aligned.

Very Nice! I'v e got plans to eventually get my rust holes fixed up and then use it as my gineau pig to learn to paint. I'm jealous!

I have hit the POINT OF NO RETURN on my JK control arm swap... it either works or it doesn't... because the stock control arm mounts are GONE baby GONE!!!

about half way through the JK control arm install... but I am out of welding wire... so might be down till thursday of friday...

DSCF3561.jpg

DSCF3562.jpg

DSCF3565.jpg

DSCF3566.jpg

DSCF3567.jpg

DSCF3568.jpg

That's cool how you replicated the stock pockets and even used the shims. Kinda hangs low but I guess no worse than drop brackets.

That's cool how you replicated the stock pockets and even used the shims. Kinda hangs low but I guess no worse than drop brackets.

yeah I am planning something similar for adjusting the uppers...

I made that shim :) will be making a few of them so I can adjust if I go taller/shorter

it's higher than drop brackets... drop brackets are about 4.5" lower... these are about 3" lower... might go in and grind away some extra material and the bottom...

yeah I am planning something similar for adjusting the uppers...

I made that shim :) will be making a few of them so I can adjust if I go taller/shorter

it's higher than drop brackets... drop brackets are about 4.5" lower... these are about 2/3 of an inch lower than the stock control arm mounts... might go in and grind away some extra material and the bottom...

I am thanking about making the adjusters on the upper arms built in the the arm itself... same way I did these adjusters, just mounted to the arm and on the axles side...

maybe I could use this style of adjustment on the track bar? I have a fixed length track bar that has 2 fixed bushing on each end (one poly, the other rubber)

driveing home yesterday my DD died,98' XJ with 380,000+..no more workie...felt the same as when my 96' XJ died on me on way to work..(so jay came and pulled me home) .ahhaaa...was the same...coil went bad...replaced and fired right up....

got my lowers adjusted... needed to be shimmed about 1/2" to get my wheel base back in check

picked up some metal for the UCA brackets/adjusters and for the track bar axle side mount

Back