• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Front diff breather hose is fixed. Would go wheeling this weekend but looks like we're getting more rain!

Got the transfer case back in the Jeep. Just waiting on amazon to bring me fluids so I can finish that and the front diff fluid change.

lol...I think Ed's installed his TC more times than Harry Potter has had a book....wouldn't know cuz I got a television so I don't read no books.

How's this rrc doing?

Got the head off. Ended up having to cut the bottom of the down pipe as the bolts were all rounded.

Broke an ac compressor through bolt, that was weird.

Good day overall but man this is time consuming. Hopefully all goes well on reinstall

lol...I think Ed's installed his TC more times than Harry Potter has had a book....wouldn't know cuz I got a television so I don't read no books.

How's this rrc doing?

You're not wrong!

Good to see you're still kickin' Will!

Note to self

Stick to axles and suspension

This project sucks

Yeah with regard to doing head gaskets, I'd rather just swap the motor for a junkyard one or even a rebuilt one. These 4.0L motors can be bought pretty cheap.

f09b2a2685d6bcd46254b4edcfbdc7d9.jpg

Got the DIY bumper finished up and installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And just cracked the intake manifold

And just cracked the intake manifold

Hopefully you found a replacement pretty easily.

My XJ started running like shit again. Won't go above 3000rpm on the freeway.

Looks like its fuel pump time!

20210209_155153.jpg

Hopefully you found a replacement pretty easily.

My XJ started running like shit again. Won't go above 3000rpm on the freeway.

Looks like its fuel pump time!

Couldn’t find any local. Should have a new one Thursday

Couldn’t find any local. Should have a new one Thursday

Awesome. Hopefully no more headaches for ya.

Just replaced the steering shaft. New fuel pump assembly gets here Friday hopefully. Will try to get that in during this COLD weekend coming up.

New fuel pump assembly and fuel filter are in but made no difference. Swapped in the stock fuel injectors and that helped it run a little better, but Im still experiencing the intermittent power loss at highway speeds when I gas it so still cant drive it long distances.

Im guessing my fuel pressure gauge was incorrect since I noticed the hose that connects the gauge to the fuel rail had a messed up seal in the fitting that screws onto the fuel rail. I couldn't read any pressure after I swapped in the stock fuel injectors. So probably didn't need a fuel pump. Going to rent another fuel pressure tester tomorrow to verify fuel pressure again.

Either way, if anyone has a good shop recommendation in Dallas; I'm all ears.

There's that place in Plano, Marlow's or something. On the southside access road and they have jeeps out front almost all the.

Also have Toni, Travelin Toolbox, used to be in the jeep club(LSJC) years ago. we use him. He comes to your house and does really good honest work. Maybe a bit more expensive but he does solid honest work. If you need a link let me know on facebook and I can send you his FB page.

================
That said, have you checked the Fule Pressure Regulator(FPR)? I'm not even sure where one is on these or if it is a part of the fuel pump assembly.

Awesome. Hopefully no more headaches for ya.

Just replaced the steering shaft. New fuel pump assembly gets here Friday hopefully. Will try to get that in during this COLD weekend coming up.

Well the good news is I got the head and manifolds installed

The bad news is one of the holes for the rocker bolts is all messed up- threads decided to come out with the bolt. Trying to see if I can do anything to save it

There's that place in Plano, Marlow's or something. On the southside access road and they have jeeps out front almost all the.

Also have Toni, Travelin Toolbox, used to be in the jeep club(LSJC) years ago. we use him. He comes to your house and does really good honest work. Maybe a bit more expensive but he does solid honest work. If you need a link let me know on facebook and I can send you his FB page.

================
That said, have you checked the Fule Pressure Regulator(FPR)? I'm not even sure where one is on these or if it is a part of the fuel pump assembly.

I just ordered another FPR. Going to hit up Toni if that doesn't do anything. Probably hit up Marlow's if Toni is slammed.

Back