• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

So you'll be towing to ROM as well?

The Jeep doesnt appear to be leaking brake fluid (its got fluid, I've checked :)) so I will revisit that issue another day.

same for me, no place to store a trailer. If you go to uhual, tell them you will be towing a much smaller car. Like a miata or something.

same for me, no place to store a trailer. If you go to uhual, tell them you will be towing a much smaller car. Like a miata or something.

Do they not like towing XJ's?

Thats who I'm going to as well. Everything checked out on their online thing.

Ive never had an issue getting a trailer for my XJ from them.

Ive never had an issue getting a trailer for my XJ from them.

I went to pick up a trailer for the xj and they said that my truck, 2000 5.3L extended cab wasn't rated to tow their trailer with my jeep on it. So I went in at a different time and told them it was for my e30.

Not sure if this was just some guy flexing on the phone or what. But since then, I've just told them it was my e30 I'd be carrying.

Finished up the rails and installed them. Playing Mr Mom on my days off really slows me down. Also replaced the division bar and window seals on the drivers door.

005bc98f723d44786e732f2adcdd4e37.gif

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Went to install the driveshaft I had picked up a couple years ago only to find out its too long.

Ah well. I'll have the other one I have rebuilt back to the stock configuration and use that one. I may just have the other one shortened? Not sure how much that normally costs.

20190309_113227.jpg

Went to install the driveshaft I had picked up a couple years ago only to find out its too long.

Ah well. I'll have the other one I have rebuilt back to the stock configuration and use that one. I may just have the other one shortened? Not sure how much that normally costs.

I think I spent about $100 to get one shortened and balanced

Replaced the rest of the window seals and the lights i was originally going to put up front are too large to fit in the stock locations so im going to get another set for that and repourposed these as a rear and and undercarriage light. And wired up my fan bypass that ive been putting off.

dc3e6fe93044b5193d7d39edef282f57.jpg

0a8d854581df175f0072eed439646c7f.jpg

9bacfcaa47242397f7ea64ca4ed4db50.jpg

4bf24540216f2a45d1102fdbc7558864.jpg

Hey Devilpup ;) you may want to rethink the light on the bottom of the rear bumper. Especially at Barnwell with it's ledges. The departure angle may take it out. I know I've damaged and so have others, their tow connections located in same spot.

Hey Devilpup ;) you may want to rethink the light on the bottom of the rear bumper. Especially at Barnwell with it's ledges. The departure angle may take it out. I know I've damaged and so have others, their tow connections located in same spot.
Im not real worried about it. Its a cheap light. I thought about flipping it over and cutting a window in the bumper for it but didnt want to hack the bumper up. I put it in an already existing hole and moved it as close to the reciever as i could to offer it a little departure protection.

If i wind up destroying it i may cut out the window or go to a flatter bar type led instead.

0185fee034f62be36b31a6a6e8f69ad1.gif

Last edited:
Ha Ha figured maybe that was the case... just didn't want to create an obstacle that Ed could not get over with his jeep if it fell off in front of him ;) :)

Ha Ha figured maybe that was the case... just didn't want to create an obstacle that Ed could not get over with his jeep if it fell off in front of him ;) :)
🤣🤣

Dannnnggg. :worship::worship:

Back